- Half-day trip to Monet’s gardens in Giverny from Paris
- Explore the gardens that inspired French Impressionist painter Claude Monet
- Admire the real water lily pond and Japanese bridge as seen in Monet’s famous masterpieces
- Visit Monet’s home and studio on your own to discover his collections
- Enjoy informative commentary from your guide
- Choose a morning or afternoon tour
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Fantastic day with Monet.Photo by: Michael P
- On the Japanese bridgePhoto by: Mitch B
- The path to Monet's front ...Photo by: David S
United Kingdom, 07 2010
- Lots of water lilies!Photo by: Anonymous
- Monets GardenPhoto by: Josee
- Monets Water GardenPhoto by: Josee
- The Magnificence of Monets ...Photo by: Sandra F
Australia, 09 2015
- The HousePhoto by: CHERI S
- Monets gardenPhoto by: Rose
- Roses at GivernyPhoto by: Laurinda L
- Boat in WaterPhoto by: Theresa G
- Flowers at GivernyPhoto by: Theresa G
- Gardens at GivernyPhoto by: Joanne T
- Monet's PondPhoto by: Kathy E
- GivernyPhoto by: Sonovia K
USA, 07 2014
- Claude Monet's PondPhoto by: Roberta M
- Lily Pond at GivernyPhoto by: marilynq1952
- Wisteria over bridgePhoto by: marilynq1952
- Claude Monet's housePhoto by: Amna A
United Arab Emirates, 10 2013
- GlazedPhoto by: Amna A
United Arab Emirates, 10 2013
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts with departure by coach in either the morning or afternoon (depending on option selected when booking) from the city center. When you arrive at Giverny, take a walk with your guide through the gardens in front of the house. Depending on the time of year, you’ll see an impressive array of vibrant blooms, as well as orchards. Then stroll over to the pond, dotted with the water lilies that so inspired Monet. Walk across the Japanese bridge made famous by his paintings, and enjoy the tranquil environment created by weeping willows and bamboo trees.
Then head to the house, where your guide will leave you to explore on your own. Donated by Monet’s son to the French Academy of Fine Arts in the ‘60s, the home was restored to its interior from the time when Monet lived there. As you walk through the kitchen, bedrooms and other spaces, you’ll see some of the art that he collected, including Japanese garden prints. Then head to his studio and check out the large souvenir shop, where you can purchase reproductions of his paintings, pottery, flower seeds and more.
Your tour ends with the drive back to Paris.
Friendly, knowledgeable guide. Well worth it.
Excellent half-day tour. Group left on time guide was informative en route. Once we arrived in Giverny, our guide gave a brief introduction, led us to the entry, and explained when and where she would meet us. We had plenty of time to view the house and gardens, take photos, shop, and enjoy.
A very enjoyable coach trip out to Giverny with beautiful scenery along the way. Rain had been forecast and I was hoping it would stay fine as this had been on my Bucket List for many years. The rain did hold off and we spend a fantastic morning wandering around the gardens and lake. The wisteria was in bloom and each photo was picture perfect. Going in May it wasn't too crowded so were very fortunate to wander in comfort and take in all the sights. The house itself was beautiful to wander through and the scenery from every window was postcard perfect. A garden not to be missed!
The ride both was was relaxing. We got time in the garden at the bridge and water lily pond and in monet's house. It was wonderful. Our guide told us of Monet s life while we were driving to Giverny on headsets so we could all hear. Thank you, great trip.
Well organized and lovely venue.
At first you imagine yourself in a wonderland surrounded by flowers you have never seen before. As you pass by the flowery paths, and get into his house, you start thinking in how wonderful was Monet's life, and how he must have been inspired to make his great artistic works. Do not die before knowing the Monet's house . Unmissable!
Excellent Both driver and guide went over the top to make sure we had a safe and comfortable ride and tour.
The guide Elizabeth was fantastic
She gave us a history of Monet's life And work and pointed out galleries which display his work
We had a Paris City tour as we left and returned
The return was through the villages where Monet lived before Giverney
The driver was courteous and careful
The ticketing was efficient
Great trip. Govern was lovely and the tour was well organized and just the right amount of time.