- Bicycle tour to Giverny from Paris
- Picnic lunch by the River Seine
- 1.5 hours at Monet's house and garden at Giverny
- Roundtrip transportation
- Bicycle and helmet provided
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Monet's FlowersPhoto by: Megan E
USA, 06 2012
- Perfect picnic spotPhoto by: Kristin C
- Monet's housePhoto by: Kristin C
- Monet's garden and housePhoto by: Christina M
USA, 10 2010
- Picnic spotPhoto by: John S
USA, 09 2010
- Relaxing After Our Bike RidePhoto by: Anonymous
- Monets GardenPhoto by: Wendy J
- Claude Monet'sPhoto by: James B
- On the way to Monet's ...Photo by: James B
- Along the bike path.Photo by: Jennifer A C
- Monet's GardenPhoto by: Jennifer A C
- Picnic view.Photo by: Jennifer A C
- VernonPhoto by: Jennifer A C
- VernonPhoto by: Jennifer A C
- Kit our guildePhoto by: Cal
- garden pathPhoto by: Margaret G
- picnic lunchPhoto by: melinda g
- Monet's housePhoto by: Le Anne
Vietnam, 05 2014
- THE bridgePhoto by: Beverly E
- Our guidePhoto by: Nilsa E
What You Can Expect
Disembark at the village of Vernon, where you’ll stock up on picnic supplies like fresh cheeses, breads and fruit at the local farmers’ market (own expense). Climb on your bike and cross the Seine for a lovely picnic lunch on the riverbanks.
Continue biking around 5 kilometers (3 miles) along country roads to the postcard-perfect village of Giverny, where Monet lived from 1883 to 1926. Peddle past the village church and its historic cemetery, where Monet is buried in a family vault. Learn about the artistic legacy of the Hotel Baudy, which counts painters Manet and Renior among its illustrous guests, and admire the town’s delightful cafes and lanes.
Arrive at Monet’s beautifully maintained country house, furnished with original décor and artwork for an authentic glimpse into the painter’s daily life. Stroll through Monet’s gardens, bursting with color from a dazzling variety of flowers like hollyhocks, roses, tulips and poppies. In a Japanese-style section of the garden, see the footbridge, ponds and water lilies that inspired Monet’s most iconic paintings.
After 1.5 hours visiting the home and gardens, cycle back to Vernon and relax on the return journey to Paris, where your tour concludes in the evening.
Our guide was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humour. The gardens were spectacular and there was plenty of time to do wander around and enjoy.
Absolutely fabulous. The knowledge of our guide Kit was amazing. Even the rain at the end couldn't take away the enjoyment of the whole day.
One day i will never forget. Our tour guide Kit was a walking encyclopaedia of art, so passionate with a wonderful sense of humour. When back in Paris we will do this tour again, we loved it.
Very good tour with a very good tour guide. Very easy ride.
Very well planned, we had a wonderful day in Giverny. Thank You,
Had a great time, beautiful gardens and Kit was a enthusiastic, entertaining guide.
Fantastic day. One of the best. Loved seeing Monets garden, the cycling there and lunch on the river bank.
Would highly recommend this as the way to visit Monets garden.
Great way to visit Monet's Garden. Picnic on the banks of the Seine sampling local produce bought at markets at Vernon followed by a short bike ride to Giverny. Would highly recommend this tour.
The trip was delightful. Well organized. Our guide was knowledgeable and responsive. The group size was quite manageable. Seeing Giverny one day, then seeing some Monet and other Impressionist paintings the next two days in Paris is quite a treat. Highly recommended.
Excellent and worthwhile