- 1-hour Seine River sightseeing cruise with commentary about Impressionist art in Paris
- See sights along the Seine’s UNESCO-listed riverbanks that inspired Paris’ Impressionist artists
- Glide underneath Pont Neuf, the bridge where Renoir and Monet once painted together
- Learn about 19th-century artists like Berthe Morisot and hear about his famous View of Paris from Trocadero painting
- Gaze at Notre Dame Cathedral and hear how it was a source of inspiration for Albert Lebourg
What You Can Expect
Take a seat on the deck, and then sit back to listen to your guide’s commentary while floating past the sights of Paris. Besides cultural giants like the Louvre, your cruise passes countless attractions that have been linked to some of the world’s leading Impressionist artists.
Glide past Musée d’Orsay – home to the world’s largest collection of19th-century artwork – and pass underneath Pont Neuf, the elegant bridge where Renoir and Monet painted side by side. Gaze out at the Trocadero, and imagine it back in the days when Berthe Morisot painted his iconic View of Paris from Trocadero, while hearing tales of the artist from your guide.
Learn how the sights of Paris inspired the city’s 19th-century artists to start painting in the Impressionist style – using fine brush strokes to illustrate natural light and shading – and hear about Lebourg, Marquet and Jongkind who all used Notre Dame Cathedral as their muse.
After sailing for half an hour down the river, your boat will turn and work its way back to the start point, where your tour finishes – perfect for you to catch any sights that you missed first time ‘round.
This was a lovely way to see the beautiful architecture of the buildings along both sides of the Seine and listen to a very knowledgeable young lady pass around pictures of the works of Manet and Monet while explaining their artwork. We were very glad we took this tour.
I also missed this tour, I just really over booked myself but I did manage to take two other boat rides one during the day and one at night, I high recommend the night boat ride.