- Day trip from Paris to Lyon and Beaujolais by TGV (France’s high-speed train)
- Discover Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus tour
- See Lyon's top attractions, including the Basilica of Notre Dame, Old Lyon and St John’s Cathedral
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Beaujolais wine region with your expert guide
- Sample superior Beaujolais wine, local cheeses and meats
- Round-trip transportation included
On arrival to Lyon, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, meet your local host and receive your hop-on hop-off bus tour tickets. Board the open-top, double-decker bus for a sightseeing tour around the historic city and explore at your own pace. During your hop-on hop-off tour, learn about the city’s most famous sites from the informative audio commentary and visit Lyon's top attractions, such as the Basilica of Notre-Dame-de-Fourvière, Place Bellecour, St John’s Cathedral (Cathédrale-St-Jean) and Old Lyon (Vieux Lyon). Stop and grab a bite to eat at any of Lyon’s fabulous restaurants (own expense).
See the Itinerary section below for a full list of stops on the Lyon hop-on hop-off bus tour.
After your sightseeing tour, board a comfortable minibus for a scenic drive through the stunning Beaujolais wine region, often considered one of France's top 10 wine-growing regions. Venture along the Route des Grands Crus and admire picturesque villages such as Fleurie, Morgon and St-Amour as you listen to your guide explain the local wine-making process.
Visit a wine cellar and sample different Beaujolais wines accompanied with local artisan cheeses and charcuterie, a selection of fine meats. Learn how Beaujolais wine is made exclusively from Gamay grapes grown in granite-based soils, giving the wine a unique and distinctive taste.
After you Beaujolais excursion, enjoy a relaxing ride back to Lyon, where your host will direct you to your train back to Paris.
1. Place Bellecour
3. Mur Peint/St-Vincent
5. St-Jean/Vieux Lyon
9. Beaux Arts
12. Rhône Cruise