- Impressionist art walking tour of Paris’ Montmartre neighborhood
- Learn about the lives of famous Impressionist artists who lived in Montmartre: Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh
- Visit the Montmartre windmill from Renoir’s legendary Bal du moulin de la Galette painting
- See top Paris attractions like the Sacré Coeur and Le Clos Montmartre
- Explore Musée d’Orsay independently with your skip-the-line ticket
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our wonderful guide Louise, ...Photo by: Randall M
- La Maison RosePhoto by: Randall M
- A narrow street of MontmartrePhoto by: Maurice D
Canada, 11 2014
- Montmatre Back RoadsPhoto by: Deanna D
- Montmartre Impressionist Art ...Photo by: Ellen O
- The Moulin RougePhoto by: Susan L
USA, 10 2013
- DSC04881.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04880.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04878.JPGPhoto by: Emily
What You Can Expect
See the venues that influenced their art, like the building where Van Gogh lived when he moved here from Holland. Van Gogh lovers believe it was here that he really found his personality as an artist, and then never looked back! Visit the Montmartre windmill that Renoir featured in his scandalous masterpiece Bal du moulin de la Galette, and walk past the Moulin Rouge cabaret that famously inspired Toulouse-Lautrec’s distinctive style of painting.
After 1.5 hours of strolling around Montmartre, learning about Impressionist art and its place in Paris, head to the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur to admire the spectacular view over Paris with your guide. This is where your tour finishes and before leaving, your guide will hand over your skip-the-line ticket to Musée d’Orsay, Paris’ famous Impressionist museum that you can visit independently.
Your guide will give you directions if you want to visit Musée d’Orsay straight away, or you can use your ticket to visit on another day of your choice. This mesmerizing gallery holds Paris’ largest collection of Impressionist art inside its beautiful building, a train station turned museum.
Montmartre is a must for any student of art history. This walking tour provided an intimate look at the Montmartre neighborhoods, but more importantly, it took us by the studios of famous artists, such as Picasso.
The tour guide really made this excursion outstanding!
We loved Nicholas. He was so nice and knowledgeable. We highly recommend this tour. I've been to Montmarte before, but I saw things I hadn't seen before through his eyes.
This was our favorite. Our guide was a lovely French woman, who took us to the bakery that won Best Baguette in 2015, we all shared the baguette while she explained how they select the winner, by smelling the bread, crunching it, and of course tasting it!
Walking through Montmartre, it was amazing see where Picasso, Van Gogh lived and the various places where many artists got inspiration for their paintings. The best part is going into Musee d'Orsay and seeing their masterpieces.
A lovely fall day to wander the streets of Montmarte! Our guide was very knowledgable about the area and the artists who made this their home. It is a difficult place to walk if you don't know where you are going. We saw both windmills, the last vineyard in Paris as well as import ants homes and artist studios. Great views of Paris and it added to our afternoon visit to the Musee d'Orsay-must do!
We totally enjoyed the tour - our guide was knowledgeable and charming. So glad we found this tour option. Also loved the museum. Thank you so much.
Marion was very knowledgeable and interesting. We saw parts of the Montmartre we would have ignored. Plus, she knew the best bakeries.
Nice walk through Montmarte. The tour guide was very knowledgeable.
Informative and interesting walking tour