- 1.5-hour art-lover's walking tour in Montmartre
- Explore the themes and landmarks of Paris’ Impressionist art movement with an enthusiastic guide
- Learn the rich and colorful histories of world-famous artists such as Van Gogh, Degas and Monet
- See the locations that inspired classic works like Bal du moulin de la Galette
- Includes skip-the-line access to Musée d’Orsay
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Our wonderful guide Louise, ...Photo by: Randall M
- La Maison RosePhoto by: Randall M
- A narrow street of MontmartrePhoto by: Maurice D
Canada, 11 2014
- Montmatre Back RoadsPhoto by: Deanna D
- Montmartre Impressionist Art ...Photo by: Ellen O
- The Moulin RougePhoto by: Susan L
USA, 10 2013
- DSC04881.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04880.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04878.JPGPhoto by: Emily
What You Can Expect
See the venues that influenced their art, like the building where Van Gogh lived when he moved here from Holland. Van Gogh lovers believe it was here that he really found his personality as an artist, and then never looked back! Visit the Montmartre windmill that Renoir featured in his scandalous masterpiece Bal du moulin de la Galette, and walk past the Moulin Rouge cabaret that famously inspired Toulouse-Lautrec’s distinctive style of painting.
After 1.5 hours of strolling around Montmartre, learning about Impressionist art and its place in Paris, head to the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur to admire the spectacular view over Paris with your guide. This is where your tour finishes and before leaving, your guide will hand over your skip-the-line ticket to Musée d’Orsay, Paris’ famous Impressionist museum that you can visit independently.
Your guide will give you directions if you want to visit Musée d’Orsay straight away, or you can use your ticket to visit on another day of your choice. This mesmerizing gallery holds Paris’ largest collection of Impressionist art inside its beautiful building, a train station turned museum.
Great way to spend a morning and learn the history of this unique area and art.
My whole family really enjoyed this tour. The guide was knowledgeable and fun. We were given a lot of insight into the neighborhood and history. And some great restaurant recommendations too!
Harriett N USA
One of our favorite tours!
Great way to get oriented on Montmartre, impressionist artists. Guide was great and a treat to be with. Great way to spend 2 hours, walking tour, interesting and manageable.
Best tour by far. Guide Adele was beyond great. LOVED THIS TOUR!!!
A lot of hills and stairs so not for the light walker. Great tour and the guide was fabulous. Used the Orsay ticket -- enjoyed the exhibition.
Fabulous tour - excellent tour guide.
Quentin our tour guide was fantastic giving us the history and artistry which is montmatre. He spent time with each person individually to personalize our tour. Our visit to Musee Dorsay the next day was much more rewarding filled with our knowledge from his tour. He used art from the museum as examples during his tour. Musee Dorsay has Van Goghs self portrait.
Quentin was a great tour guide - very friendly, knowledgeable, and easy to understand as he had very good English. My husband and I really enjoyed this walking tour.
Fantastic tour with a very knowledgeable guide. Meander the streets, see some places that make you want to start painting and feel as though you have travelled back in time for a couple of hours! Resist the urge to jump on the Metro at the end and take your guide's advice about a different walking route back down before walking straight past the queue at Musee D'Orsay!