- Impressionist art walking tour of Paris’ Montmartre neighborhood
- Learn about the lives of famous Impressionist artists who lived in Montmartre: Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh
- Visit the Montmartre windmill from Renoir’s legendary Bal du moulin de la Galette painting
- See top Paris attractions like the Sacré Coeur and Le Clos Montmartre
- Explore Musée d’Orsay independently with your skip-the-line ticket
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
See the venues that influenced their art, like the building where Van Gogh lived when he moved here from Holland. Van Gogh lovers believe it was here that he really found his personality as an artist, and then never looked back! Visit the Montmartre windmill that Renoir featured in his scandalous masterpiece Bal du moulin de la Galette, and walk past the Moulin Rouge cabaret that famously inspired Toulouse-Lautrec’s distinctive style of painting.
After 1.5 hours of strolling around Montmartre, learning about Impressionist art and its place in Paris, head to the Basilique du Sacré-Coeur to admire the spectacular view over Paris with your guide. This is where your tour finishes and before leaving, your guide will hand over your skip-the-line ticket to Musée d’Orsay, Paris’ famous Impressionist museum that you can visit independently.
Your guide will give you directions if you want to visit Musée d’Orsay straight away, or you can use your ticket to visit on another day of your choice . This mesmerizing gallery holds Paris’ largest collection of Impressionist art inside its beautiful building, a train station turned museum.
Loved our tour guide, Mathilde and even though it was a bit chilly we enjoyed every minute of it!
It was beyond our highest expectations. Our Guide was superb. We hope to use her services again. Anyone interested in Impressionism should take this tour.