- Comprehensive tour of Normandy's D-Day sites from Paris
- Visit to Omaha Beach Museum
- Omaha Beach and Arromanches' artificial harbor
- Drive along Juno and Gold Beaches
- Lunch at Caen Memorial
- Illuminating commentary from your expert guide-interpreter
- All transportation and transfers included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The tour guide gives so much insight into these historic sites. And the included lunch is tasty and served in a picturesque setting. A full and fascinating day!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lou outside the WWII Memorial ...Photo by: guadalupe d
- The Price of FreedomPhoto by: rjpont
- The view from the German ...Photo by: Frank R
- Channel coast at peacePhoto by: Frank R
- American CemetaryPhoto by: Valerie D
- The beaches are an inspiring ...Photo by: Jesse M
- American cemetaryPhoto by: Chris M
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Chris M
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Chris M
- American CemeteryPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Cannon Pill BoxPhoto by: Jim C
- Ponte du HocPhoto by: Jim C
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Jim C
- national cemeteryPhoto by: Michael M
- Bunker out Point Du HocPhoto by: Russell B
- NormandyPhoto by: Carlos M
- So many sacrificed for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- This says it all for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Kevin M
What You Can Expect
Enjoy lunch here before heading to Pointe du Hoc, a German defense site that was captured by American soldiers, and then visit the American Cemetery and Memorial near Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, the final resting place of nearly 10,000 members of the US military. The cemetery overlooks Omaha Beach, where you have free time to walk along the shore, take in the ocean views and reflect on the bloody events that seem a world away from this now-tranquil location. You can also check out the Visitor Centre, home to poignant exhibits that depict the stories and operations of the American soldiers.
Your next destinations are Juno Beach to see the Canadian Memorial and Arromanches, where you can check out remnants of the artificial landing harbor built by the Allies. Your day trip then ends with the drive back to Paris.
Tour was wonderful. We can now cross this off our must see list.
A very nice tour. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and professional and the bus was great. We were able to see many nice museums and sites without being rushed. The lunch that was included was very good and included wine. I recommend this tour especially if you have an interest in D-Day and the history of WWII.
Bus was very comfortable. Guide was difficult to hear over speakers at times. Tour itself was great. Could have used more time at some places but covered a lot of ground. Actually gone 14 hours! Not really personalized but that's understandable due to number of people. Lunch was fine. Tour hit most of the highlites. Really emotional. Will remember it always.
Guide was helpful and well-informed, pacing was very good, meal was very pleasant - over-all, a very worthwhile and informative day
Long day but well timed and good historical commentary, even the meal was moreover than I had expected, museum was a highlight.
Great time. Very good tour guides with a vast amount of knowledge.
Really great experience! I'm very knowledgeable on World War II history and D-Day in particular. Our tour guide was well-informed and accurate with her information. A one-day trip from Paris to Normandy, particularly in late December when the days are short, is not an easy task logistically. I thought you did a most efficient job and our whole group agrees! No hitches as all throughout the entire trip. I would recommend this day trip for anyone who is looking for a one day Normandy option.
Excellent tour! So worthwhile. Tour guide was very knowledgeable. Was one of the highlights of our trip to Europe. Very humbling experience.
The excursion was expensive but very worth it. I took my dad who has read a lot about D-Day and this is great way to see a lot for just a day trip from Paris. If I could do it again, I might consider doing a two or even 3 trip. If you are hesitant to go in the winter time-dont be! Our group of 8 were the only individuals at Point Du Hoc and there were only about 2 dozen folks in the entire American Cemetery. The tour itself makes things very easy for you, with the pickup and drop off. The guide wad knowledgeable and funny and offered to take us to other beaches or a local town after lunch. It was the highlight of our week long trip to Paris and if you are American/English/Canadian or Australian you will feel a deep sense of pride, something I had not intended to feel on a vacation to a foreign country.
Ian, our tour guide was wonderful and all that we saw was fantastic. I picked this tour because my husband loves military history. He knows a ton and he was thrilled with all that he saw and Ian's knowledge. Ian confirmed what he already knew but learned new history too. The meal was fabulous too. We would definitely book another tour with you again. Thank you for a memorable day.