- Comprehensive tour of Normandy's D-Day sites from Paris
- Visit to Omaha Beach Museum
- Omaha Beach and Arromanches' artificial harbor
- Drive along Juno and Gold Beaches
- Lunch at Caen Memorial
- Illuminating commentary from your expert guide-interpreter
- All transportation and transfers included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The tour guide gives so much insight into these historic sites. And the included lunch is tasty and served in a picturesque setting. A full and fascinating day!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lou outside the WWII Memorial ...Photo by: guadalupe d
- The Price of FreedomPhoto by: rjpont
- The view from the German ...Photo by: Frank R
- Channel coast at peacePhoto by: Frank R
- American CemetaryPhoto by: Valerie D
- The beaches are an inspiring ...Photo by: Jesse M
- American cemetaryPhoto by: Chris M
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Chris M
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Chris M
- American CemeteryPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Cannon Pill BoxPhoto by: Jim C
- Ponte du HocPhoto by: Jim C
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Jim C
- national cemeteryPhoto by: Michael M
- Bunker out Point Du HocPhoto by: Russell B
- NormandyPhoto by: Carlos M
- So many sacrificed for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- This says it all for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Kevin M
What You Can Expect
Enjoy lunch here before heading to Pointe du Hoc, a German defense site that was captured by American soldiers, and then visit the American Cemetery and Memorial near Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, the final resting place of nearly 10,000 members of the US military. The cemetery overlooks Omaha Beach, where you have free time to walk along the shore, take in the ocean views and reflect on the bloody events that seem a world away from this now-tranquil location. You can also check out the Visitor Centre, home to poignant exhibits that depict the stories and operations of the American soldiers.
Your next destinations are Juno Beach to see the Canadian Memorial and Arromanches, where you can check out remnants of the artificial landing harbor built by the Allies. Your day trip then ends with the drive back to Paris.
Elisa was wonderful. The tour very interesting and informative however, a really long day!! Not her fault--just the distance covered. The lunch was very good. The place lovely. Stan and Betty Block
Normandy on Memorial Day. It was incredibly moving and having an opportunity to see where such an important part of history occurred was very special. A long day that was especially rewarding, including our guide, Claude, and lunch in a country location that was delicious.
PATRICIA D United States of ...
This was absolutely the highlight of the stay in Paris. Although it was a chilly, rainy day, we got to see the sights of Normandy. My traveling friend and I both have issues walking due to bad knees. The driver got as close as he could, and assisted us in boarding the bus. A must-see tour.
This tour was absolutely amazing. We had a wonderful tour guide who described our surroundings, historical events, and landmarks from the moment we left Paris to the moment we returned, which broadened our understanding of all the areas we got to know on this trip. Once in Normandy, the visit to the museum was truly inspirational as it continued with a show and rooms including pictures and articles from WWII and at times, it was possible to believe one had gone back in time. Walking the beach at Normandy and seeing the different landing sites is something that mere reading which I have done a lot of or movies cannot fully explain, and our visit to the American Cemetery-memorial and seeing the rows of all the young men and women who fought and died for freedom was breath-taking and inspirational. Upon our return to Paris, we arrived just when the Eiffel Tower lights started sparkling and twinkling 9pm which was an awesome sight. Highly recommend this tour-a long day, but well worth it!
Great guide wish we could have stayed longer
Toured with Frederick and just the two of us, the other six cancelled. A rainy day made the trip more meaningful as there weren't any beach goers and gave you more of a sense of being there on the invasion day. Frederick was able to tailor to our interest level at the various sites. Well Done
This tour was awesome! A great day and great experience! Highly recommend. We had 7 US passengers on our shuttle. Driver is your guide for day. Several stops on two beaches with good history recap of WWII, and then lovely French lunch at historic farm B and B. Back in Paris by early evening.
Time was well spent. Good guide that was able to answer all questions. I would do it again.
Fantastic day tour. What a great way to visit such historical cites/memorials. We even had a group lunch provided to us at one of the memorials. Well worth it.
This was a very somber and moving experience, our guide was very informative.