- Comprehensive tour of Normandy's D-Day sites from Paris
- Visit to Omaha Beach Museum
- Omaha Beach and Arromanches' artificial harbor
- Drive along Juno and Gold Beaches
- Lunch at Caen Memorial
- Illuminating commentary from your expert guide-interpreter
- All transportation and transfers included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The tour guide gives so much insight into these historic sites. And the included lunch is tasty and served in a picturesque setting. A full and fascinating day!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lou outside the WWII Memorial ...Photo by: guadalupe d
- The Price of FreedomPhoto by: rjpont
- The view from the German ...Photo by: Frank R
- Channel coast at peacePhoto by: Frank R
- American CemetaryPhoto by: Valerie D
- The beaches are an inspiring ...Photo by: Jesse M
- American cemetaryPhoto by: Chris M
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Chris M
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Chris M
- American CemeteryPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Pointe du HocPhoto by: Phil
New Zealand, 12 2014
- Cannon Pill BoxPhoto by: Jim C
- Ponte du HocPhoto by: Jim C
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Jim C
- national cemeteryPhoto by: Michael M
- Bunker out Point Du HocPhoto by: Russell B
- NormandyPhoto by: Carlos M
- So many sacrificed for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- This says it all for our ...Photo by: Timothy B
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Kevin M
What You Can Expect
Enjoy lunch here before heading to Pointe du Hoc, a German defense site that was captured by American soldiers, and then visit the American Cemetery and Memorial near Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, the final resting place of nearly 10,000 members of the US military. The cemetery overlooks Omaha Beach, where you have free time to walk along the shore, take in the ocean views and reflect on the bloody events that seem a world away from this now-tranquil location. You can also check out the Visitor Centre, home to poignant exhibits that depict the stories and operations of the American soldiers.
Your next destinations are Juno Beach to see the Canadian Memorial and Arromanches, where you can check out remnants of the artificial landing harbor built by the Allies. Your day trip then ends with the drive back to Paris.
We had a great tour of all of the beaches and really appreciate small group tours. It would have been difficult to navigate all of the small roads that lead to and away from the beaches and find the next access, so having a guide navigate the surface roads was invaluable. Our guide was very knowledgeable and shared many details about the events that took place. Thanks for a great day!
George K United States of ...
Fantastic tour. I would recommend this to any one who has a full day to spare. Our tour guide don't remember her name was very knowledgeable. The museum we visited was very interesting. I wish we had more time to spend there. Seeing the beaches and the cemetery was very emotional. Great trip!
This was a great tour. Be advised that this tour will take all day and into the evening. Lunch is provided approximately 4 hours into the tour so you may want to eat breakfast before you get on the bus. There is a shop directly across the street from where you catch the bus where you can grab muffins, pastries and coffee.
The tours itself is amazing. We were able to climb into many German bunkers and walk on three of the beaches where the allies landed. There is a museum where we began our tour and where you ultimately have lunch that is very interesting. The cemetary where the unknown sholdiers are laid to rest is also very moving.
You will have several opportunities to stop and grab snacks or use the restroom. The hot lunch was wondeful and came with a salad buffet, baked chicken, desserrt buffet and wine.
This tour was worth the money, if you have a full day to devote.
My guide was like a historical genius! The food served was insane ! And lots of breaks so I didn and #39;t have to worry about peeing on myself! You will not regret this tour! You get more than you pay for, loved it!
This was a very special day.. I relearned so much about DDay.
The tour guide was super knowledgeable. Very courteous and very safe driver.
fmf New York United States of ...
We choose a full day bus trip from Paris to Normandy and back. Guided tour of Caen and the museum. Toured the D-Day battlefields and bunkers, walked along Omaha Beach as well as American cemetery and the Canadian memorial. Our guides gave us an amazing amount of information, as well as the French perspective about the invasions and liberation. Wonderful Tour.
OUR GUIDE WAS EXCELLENT. SO KNOWLEDGEABLE. AND THE TOUR WENT SMOOTHLY.
tour guide was professional. tour kept on time. content was amazing. food was great.
Tour was wonderful. We can now cross this off our must see list.