- Day trip to Normandy’s D-Day beaches from Paris, led by a knowledgeable guide
- Learn about the Normandy Invasion during WWII and the heavy losses suffered by American troops
- Visit Utah Beach Museum, built on the beach where the first American soldiers landed
- See one of the original D-Day B-26 fighter planes on Utah Beach
- Explore the Normandy countryside and stop for a cider and calvados tasting followed by a 2-course lunch
- Stop at Pointe du Hoc and visit the American Cemetery at Colleville-sur-Mer
- Listen to tales of the Omaha Beach Landings at Omaha Beach Visitor Centre
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Omaha Beach MemorialPhoto by: Bill S
- B-26 at Utah Beach museumPhoto by: Bill S
- DSCF1125Photo by: Kathryn E
- Omaha BeachPhoto by: Kathryn E
- DSCF1124Photo by: Kathryn E
- DSCF1122Photo by: Kathryn E
- DSCF1123Photo by: Kathryn E
- DSCF1121Photo by: Kathryn E
- DSCF1120Photo by: Kathryn E
- Barrels of Calvados (Cider)Photo by: Katrina R
What You Can Expect
Begin at the Utah Beach Museum, housed in an original German bunker and constructed on the beach where the first American troops landed. Here, learn about Operation Overlord (the Allied codename for the Normandy Invasion) and the invaluable assistance from French citizens that made a difference in the war.
Utah Beach is now home to one of only six remaining original B-26 fighter planes that were used during the invasion. Look out onto breathtaking views of the beach from inside the museum before heading down to the beach itself.
Next, head out to the countryside to a 17th-century barn with a traditional cider-making orchard, and savor some of its cider and calvados (an apple-based brandy). With your appetite opened up, settle in for a 2-course lunch at a restaurant overlooking the port of Grandcamp-Maisy. (Lunch typically includes a main course of fish or meat, dessert and a glass of cider.)
After your meal, your coach takes you to Pointe du Hoc, a cliff-top German defense the US troops heroically seized. Continue to Colleville-sur-Mer and pay your respects to the fallen at the American Cemetery.
From the cemetery, you can see Omaha Beach, one of the landing beaches where many American soldiers are buried. Inside the Omaha Beach Visitor Centre, gain insight into the landings that did not fare accordingly to plan.
Then, board your coach for return transport to your departure point in Paris.
This tour was excellent in terms of content. the tour guide, Felix really knew his facts and he was truly a student of history. I really liked all of the stops we made, but I felt as though we needed a bit more time to truly see the museum at Utah Beach. I would recommend that there be less time spent on the cider stop and increase the time at the museum. Also, I wonder if there is any type of museum at Omaha Beach where we could have spent some time. Overall it was a great experience for me and I would recommend it to others visiting in France.
Absolutely amazing! It was a long day, but manageable with our awesome tour guides, Daniel and Felix. Very informative tour and the cider tasting was a fun treat! Highly recommend.
This was a great one day tour to Normandy! Daniel was a fantastic guide. More time would have been better, we wished we had had time for the two day tour.
What a day - and wonderful experience. Dan the Irish Guy was our guide, and he was very knowledgeable. It is a long trip, but well worth it. My son and I spent 6 days in Paris and this trip was, by far, our favorite.
This was a great tour. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and gave us a wonderful overview while traveling on the bus. The length of tour was just right for us, as we had no family connection to D-day. If we had, we would have wanted additional time. The cider farm and lunch were delightful. It was an excellent experience.
Melanie M United States of ...
The tour agency they used was excellent- Daniel was from Ireland and was extremely knowledgable and made the trip a lot of fun!!!! Thank you!!!!
Excellent! Long day but well worth it.
GREAT TOUR !!! WILL RECOMMEND IT TO ALL WHO VISIT FRANCE
We had a spectacular day on this tour! The guides were so knowledgeable and engaging. The lunch was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend this tour.
The tour was excellent. Felix was very knowledgeable about the history. I would definitely recommend it to our friends.