- Two-hour French Revolution Walk through Paris
- Experience a different side to Paris on an informative guided walk
- See the buildings and sites where historic events took place
- Place de la Concorde where King Louis XVI and Queen Marie Antoinette were guillotined
- See the Conciergerie Palace and the site of the Bastille Prison
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
- Bastille Prison - the raiding of this prison sparked the French Revolution
- Les Invalides - over 30,000 arms were stolen from here in order to attack the Bastille
- Place de la Concorde - site of the beheadings of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, among many others
- Tuileries Palace - the site of the royal palace that served as a prison for King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in the Tuileries Gardens
- Conciergerie - the prison overlooking the Seine River where Marie Antoinette was held
- National Assembly - site of the lower house of the French Legislative branch
- Reign of Terror - the years following the Revolution that saw chaos, betrayal and murder
A thoroughly enjoyable experience. Guide Antoine was prompt and efficient and shared his very comprehensive knowledge of the attractions visited. Many thanks to him for being so informative.
My daughter and I agree this tour with Gil was our favorite part of our trip! His knowledge of the French Revolution was amazing both from the grand picture to the intimate details of the lives of those who were affected. The history was so interesting and he built a platform for the revolution by informing us of the early history and society which led to the breakdown of the Royal family and Paris itself. Fantastic.
Antoine was amazing. Even kept the 8 year old excited about the French Revolution. Definitely would recommend this tour!
We had an excellent tour guide I believe from California, originally who was so knowledgeable and gave us so much information. He had an excellent speaking voice and delivery. He was just wonderful! I would say that The French Revolution tour was my favorite. Thank you!
Gil took us on a great walk of some key locations that he used to tell a story of the 1789 Revolution. I really liked the length and pace of the tour. Two hours was just enough history and information to spark my curiosity and want to come home and read more but not so long that I got tired or bored. At my request, Gill recommended a couple of books to further my understanding of this subject.
This tour was simple, easy to walk and informative. Our guide was from the states living in Paris to get his masters degree, so his English and description of the historic evenst were easy to understand. The tour was conducted by a local tour operator. We had another tour with this company, so we highly recommend them.
Guide Christine from Fat Bike Tire Tours was excellent. A lot of walking involved but seen many sites along the way. Very knowledgeable - highly recommend. A great way to get a better understanding of the history of the French Revolution.
Fantastic tour leader who made the French Revolution come alive. Highly recommended
We had an excellent guide, who was very knowledgeable and friendly. She was willing to answer all our questions with enthusiasm, even those which were not related to the French Revolution. This is an excellent tour for someone who wants to understand better why the Revolution took place, and what happened during the revolution.
The guide was clearly knowledgable and he enjoying sharing his insights! Totally worth it