- Full-day private Versailles tour from Paris with a knowledgeable local guide
- Enjoy priority entrance to the Palace of Versailles with your skip-the-line ticket
- Head inside the State Apartments and stroll through the Hall of Mirrors
- Explore Versailles Gardens independently and savor a 3-course lunch near the Grand Canal
- See the Grand Trianon palace and the Queen’s Hamlet – former home of Marie Antionette
First stop of the day is the Palace of Versailles, the incredible palatial estate where Louis XVI and his wife, Marie Antoinette, once lived. The building oozes grandeur both from the outside as well as its inside.
Skip past the lines outside the palace with your skip-the-line ticket, and straight inside to explore. On a tour led by your private guide, discover the palace’s intriguing State Apartments and see the Hall of Mirrors and Queen’s Apartments. While walking, your guide will keep you entertained with tales of the aristocrats who held court there.
After an hour inside Versailles Palace, walk into the gardens and explore them at leisure. Every bit as elaborate as the palace, the French Baroque-style gardens took nearly 40 years to complete with eye-catching features like the Versailles fountains. After ambling around, enjoying its resplendent features, meet your guide for a 3-course lunch at a restaurant close to the Grand Canal. Please see the Itinerary below for your sample menu.
Your afternoon continues at the Grand Trianon -- the UNESCO World Heritage-listed palace in the center of the gardens. Marvel at its pink marble colonnades with your guide and hear tales of Napoleon who revamped it after after Louis XIV and his family left. The Queen’s Hamlet is nearby, and so head over to visit this next. Created by the esteemed French architect Richard Mique, the countryside retreat boasts a charming little cottage, lakes, streams and even a small farmhouse.
After exploring the Queen’s Hamlet, head back to your luxury minivan for the return journey to Paris.
• Tomato and goat’s cheese salad with basil
Second Course (choice of one):
• Sirloin steak with Béarnaise sauce and creamed potatoes
• Roast salmon with butter sauce and creamed potatoes
• Seasonal fruit tart
• Tea or coffee