- Private Champagne tour from Paris with an attentive and knowledgeable guide
- Visit the Moet and Chandon Champagne cellars in Epernay, near Reims
- Walk through the village of Hautvillers, hometown of Dom Pérignon
- Explore the House of Mumm Champagne cellars in Reims
- Sample premium Champagne like GH Mumm's Cordon Rouge label
- Learn about the intricate Champagne-making process from your private guide
What You Can Expect
As you tour this subterranean maze of chalk cellars with your knowledgeable private guide, learn about the process of turning white wine into something fizzy! Hear about temperature control and levels of humidity, and learn how the bubbles get into each bottle. At the end of your 1-hour walking tour around the cellars, try a glass of Moet Champagne and discuss its complicated creation with your guide.
Leaving Epernay behind, your private tour continues through Reims Mountain National Park, home of the prestigious Grand Cru vineyards, before reaching the charming village of Hautvillers. Often referred to as ‘the birthplace of Champagne,’ the village is best-known for its famous ex-resident Dom Pérignon, the Benedictine monk who spent much of his life producing and perfecting Champagne.
Reims is the last stop of your tour, and it’s here that you’ll visit the incredible House of Mumm Champagne cellars. As a sommelier guide walks you around, discover the different production stages involved in creating Mumm’s famous bubbly. End your tour on a high note, with a glass of GH Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne, before returning to Paris.