This private tour is limited to five people for a more intimate, in-depth experience.
- Opera Garnier and passages couverts private tour
- Tour the magnificent Opera Garnier, one of the world's most famous opera houses
- Wander the charming passages couverts, hidden covered shopping arcades once popular with the upper class
- Enjoy wine and patisserie tastings at two gourmet shops in the old shopping arcades
- Private tour limited to five people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
The covered passages really are hidden gems and are a little bit of Paris captured in time. And they're particularly charming at the holidays when they're all decked out in festive decorations!
What You Can Expect
Delight in the gold, glass and marble interior of this majestic building filled with paintings and sculptures as your guide shares its history. Marvel at the grand staircase and the auditorium's ceiling, which was painted by Marc Chagall in 1964. Being on a private tour makes for a more relaxed, friendly experience, so feel free to ask your guide as many questions as you like.
Next, your guide will lead you to an area near the Louvre to discover the passages couverts, covered shopping arcades tucked behind many of the city’s wide boulevards. Some of these architecturally impressive arcades are faded now but others have been restored to their 19th-century glory.
As you wander through these arcades, hear stories of how Parisian life used to be and imagine upper-class women dressed in lavish gowns window shopping in these very same passageways. Have your camera ready to capture photos of the remarkable old boutiques, cafes and art galleries in these arcades, some of which have barely changed through the years.
Your tour culminates with tastings at two of these old shops, a wine shop and patisserie. With a sweet taste in your mouth, end your private tour near Grands Boulevards. From here, it’s easy to continue sightseeing in Paris on your own.