Numbers are limited to nine on this small-group tour, so you enjoy a more personalized experience.
- 1.5-hour tour of the Catacombs of Paris
- Beat the queues and enjoy skip-the-line entry to this popular Paris attraction
- Explore the alluring underground labyrinth of skulls and bones with an expert guide
- Learn about the history and significance of the catacombs
- Small-group tour limited to nine people to ensure a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Descend 130 steps to the subterranean cemetery and begin exploring the labyrinth of passageways, filled with curious nooks and crannies. Hear about the history of the catacombs from your knowledgeable guide — once stone mines, the network of tunnels were developed into a vast burial tomb in the 18th century after Paris' cemeteries became overcrowded. Today they are home to the remains of approximately six million people.
Wander along winding tunnels lined floor-to-roof with the skulls and bones of the dead. Listen as your guide relays some of the stories relating to this historic burial ground, and soak up the catacombs’ otherworldly atmosphere.
After 1.5 hours exploring the Catacombs of Paris, ascend back to street level to conclude your tour.