- Versailles day trip from Paris with round-trip train transport
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles, with an audio guide included
- Tour the spectacular Versailles Gardens with your expert guide and explore the Palace of Versailles at your leisure
- Watch the famous Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show on select days in summer
- Group is limited to 20 people, ensuring a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Skip-the-line entrance to world-famous Palace of Versailles makes this a stress-free experience. And if you go in the summer, you might also get to see the famous dancing fountain show!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Versaille gatePhoto by: Judith F
- just a hint of the GardensPhoto by: Robert M
- The Apollo FountainPhoto by: George H
- The OrangeriePhoto by: George H
- Palace EntrancePhoto by: George H
- Overlooking the GardensPhoto by: Leakhena M
- Tour guide explainingPhoto by: Elliott M
- Fountain in the Palace GardensPhoto by: Gillian D
- Fountains of VersaillesPhoto by: James W
- Dancing Fountains at ...Photo by: James W
- Caylea in the GardensPhoto by: durindacheek
- Gardens of VersaillesPhoto by: michael m
- Hall of Mirrors was very coolPhoto by: ginnylin
- Beautiful Room of MirrorsPhoto by: penny p
- The orangeriePhoto by: Steve A
- Our GroupPhoto by: Hui Michelle L
- Amazing Orangery Gardens!Photo by: David P
- The Palace entrance, will ...Photo by: John C S
USA, 06 2013
- VersaillesPhoto by: James Carroll F
- A Fountain at VersaillesPhoto by: Robert F
United Kingdom, 04 2013
What You Can Expect
The gardens and forests of Versailles span 1,976 acres (800 hectares), and are crisscrossed by a network of picturesque trails and tree-lined paths. Follow your guide on a 2-hour walking tour of the grounds, and learn about the palace’s history, the royal family including Marie Antoinette, and the French Revolution.
If you’re here during the summer, make sure to check out the spectacular Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show that takes places on select days (included with your tour). See below for more details.
Next, make your way to the Palace of Versailles, where your guide bids you farewell and gives you your skip-the-line entrance ticket, audio guide and return train ticket. Stroll past the entrance lines and enter the palace immediately.
See the King's State Apartments and Chapel, and walk through the unforgettable Hall of Mirrors, where the treaty ending WWI was signed. Your audio-guide takes you around the highlights of the palace and provides historical background.
Take as much as you’d like to discover the sprawling palace. When you’re ready to leave Versailles, hop on the train to Paris with your provided train ticket.
Versailles Fountain Display:
See the magnificent Versailles fountain display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on most Tuesdays in May and June and on Saturdays and Sundays from April to October.
Musical Gardens Show:
Be enchanted by the musical gardens show, known as Jardins Musicaux. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the lovely surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. This event runs on Tuesdays in April and May and from July to October.
Outstanding Skip the line tour. guide met us at the metro stop next to the train. Easy access and tickets read in hand. The guide was delightful. Spoke many languages and had actusally worked for a couple years at the Palace. Quite an enthusiast on the history which made the trip meaningful. Well done!
Excellent tour guide, she was very, very knowledgeable.
We so enjoyed this tour. Our guide was the best. She was so sweet and made sure we had a great time. This is so worth going. I would not miss this when you visit Paris. The lines were hours long, I would highly recommend Skip the Line.
Tour was great - made great by our guide, Michelle. She was adorable!!
I would really recommend this tour. Our tour guide Sam knew what he was talking about and was really interesting and entertaining. I don't think you would get much out of visiting the gardens without the knowledge given by this tour.
When they say skip the lines, this company are telling the truth.
This is a brilliant tour as it includes entrance to gardens and house with an audio guide in the chateau and guide for the gardens . Our guide Stephen was so helpful providing us with lots of useful info. We arrived just in time to see dancing fountains and you can come and go as often as you like into the gardens. We spent 8 hrs in total at Versailles so would recommend you wear comfortable foot wear- it is over 8000acres! And we didn't get to see everything. The tour was well organised and the meeting point at train station was easy to find and the journey back went smoothly. The skip the line ticket into Versailles is a must as there is a very long Queue. Thank you stephen
Our tour guide Stephen was full of interesting stories and tips which made for a very fun tour!
We had a wonderful day!!
Stephen was fantastic- really brought the history of The Louis to life- my daughter absorbed more history in 2 hours with tour than I would have thought possible. Strongly recommend
our guide, Antoine, was very personable and knowledgeable.
One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen!. The tour went very smooth from beginning to end and our tour guide was great and very knowledgable, definitely recommend this.