- Versailles day trip from Paris with round-trip train transport
- Enjoy skip-the-line access to the Palace of Versailles, with an audio guide included
- Tour the spectacular Versailles Gardens with your expert guide and explore the Palace of Versailles at your leisure
- Watch the famous Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show on select days in summer
- Group is limited to 20 people, ensuring a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Skip-the-line entrance to world-famous Palace of Versailles makes this a stress-free experience. And if you go in the summer, you might also get to see the famous dancing fountain show!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Deeltuin plus vleugel van het ...Photo by: AWM v
- Blik over de tuin naar het ...Photo by: AWM v
- Versaille gatePhoto by: Judith F
- just a hint of the GardensPhoto by: Robert M
- The Apollo FountainPhoto by: George H
- The OrangeriePhoto by: George H
- Palace EntrancePhoto by: George H
- Overlooking the GardensPhoto by: Leakhena M
- Tour guide explainingPhoto by: Elliott M
- Fountain in the Palace GardensPhoto by: Gillian D
- Fountains of VersaillesPhoto by: James W
- Dancing Fountains at ...Photo by: James W
- Caylea in the GardensPhoto by: durindacheek
- Gardens of VersaillesPhoto by: michael m
- Hall of Mirrors was very coolPhoto by: ginnylin
- Beautiful Room of MirrorsPhoto by: penny p
- The orangeriePhoto by: Steve A
- Our GroupPhoto by: Hui Michelle L
- Amazing Orangery Gardens!Photo by: David P
- The Palace entrance, will ...Photo by: John C S
USA, 06 2013
What You Can Expect
The gardens and forests of Versailles span 1,976 acres (800 hectares), and are crisscrossed by a network of picturesque trails and tree-lined paths. Follow your guide on a 2-hour walking tour of the grounds, and learn about the palace’s history, the royal family including Marie Antoinette, and the French Revolution.
If you’re here during the summer, make sure to check out the spectacular Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show that takes places on select days (included with your tour). See below for more details.
Next, make your way to the Palace of Versailles, where your guide bids you farewell and gives you your skip-the-line entrance ticket, audio guide and return train ticket. Stroll past the entrance lines and enter the palace immediately.
See the King's State Apartments and Chapel, and walk through the unforgettable Hall of Mirrors, where the treaty ending WWI was signed. Your audio-guide takes you around the highlights of the palace and provides historical background.
Take as much as you’d like to discover the sprawling palace. When you’re ready to leave Versailles, hop on the train to Paris with your provided train ticket.
Versailles Fountain Display:
See the magnificent Versailles fountain display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on most Tuesdays in May and June and on Saturdays and Sundays from April to October.
Musical Gardens Show:
Be enchanted by the musical gardens show, known as Jardins Musicaux. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the lovely surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. This event runs on Tuesdays in April and May and from July to October.
Had great time
The tour was amazing! Jess was the best guide - so happy we had her!
This tour was amazing!
Excellent tour. Hannah our tour guide was great. I totally recommend this tour.
Exhausting but really fun! It was nice to be able to have someone guide you on the confusing train system in Paris and our guide was really nice. Versailles is a must see! I think next time I will get a golfcart to tour the gardens.
My guide, Jenica, was amazingly interested in French history and gave us lots of interesting information about the Palace and the Gardens. She was also very helpful in pointing us to other points of interest in the city and helping us back to Paris.
It was wonderful. Our guide was knowledgable and informative, providing some great insights into French aristocratic life during the times of Louis IV - VI. We had a great tour of the gardens before wondering through the state apartments with an audio guide. I would definitely recommend to others visiting Paris.
Brilliant guide lots of fun, excellent stories and historical facts loved it!!! A beautiful place and worth the effort !!
The host was very knowledgable