The famous Palace of Versailles is Parisian life at its most luxurious, with gold-brushed furniture, quilted four-poster beds and lush rolling lawns that stretch as far as the eye can see. Marvel at the sheer size of the Palace of Versailles, one of the most beautiful castles in the world with an astonishing 700 rooms.
- Half-day, small-group tour of the Palace of Versailles
- Choose to start your tour in Paris or Versailles
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines at Versailles
- The tour also includes the famous Versailles fountain show or musical gardens on selected days
- Chateau of Versailles guided tour
- Stroll through the statue-filled palace gardens
- Small-group tour limited to 20 people, ensuring a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
All that glitters is GoldPhoto by: Berenice V
USA, 05 2015
Spectacular indulgence - ...Photo by: David M
Australia, 10 2014
Family at VersaillesPhoto by: Wayne S
Eiffel TowerPhoto by: David S
Hall of Mirrors - Palace of ...Photo by: Christopher C
Louis XVI Garden - Palace of ...Photo by: Christopher C
Hall of MirrorsPhoto by: kapat12724
VersaillesPhoto by: Sabina M
VersaillesPhoto by: Sabina M
2013 our loungePhoto by: Finny
Appolo BathsPhoto by: Peter M
What You Can Expect
Inside the palace, peruse its incredible array of fine art and the intricate design of its 1,250 fireplaces as you work your way through the castle, including the King and Queen’s apartments, the Chapel, the Coronation Room, Hall of Mirrors and the Salon of Abundance. Your guide will talk you through the rooms as you pass them, each one entirely different from the next. And just when you think that you have seen all that the Palace of Versailles has to offer, you’ll burst into the sunlight and encounter its dazzling gardens, more than 1,800 acres in size.
Versailles Palace + Gardens
Entrance to the Palace. The Fountain shows and Musical Garden shows take place in the Versailles Gardens on Saturdays, Sundays and Tuesdays.
Versailles Palace + Show
Entrance to the Palace plus:-
- Versailles Fountain Display - See the magnificent Versailles Fountains Display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday, Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
- Musical Gardens Show - Be enchanted by the musical gardens event – Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
- Palace of Versailles - King and Queen's Apartments, the Chapel, the 17th century galleries and the Hall of Mirrors, Hercules Drawing Room, Salon of Abundance, Venus Room, Diana Room (with a bust of Louis XIV by Bernini), Mars Room, Mercury Room, Apollo Room, War Room, Peace Room, King's bedroom, Queen's bedchamber, Salon of the Nobles, Coronation Room, Royal Chapel
- Fountain Display: See the magnificent Versailles fountain show, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the exclusive groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on Tuesday (8, 15, 22-26 and 29 May), and Saturday and Sunday (01 May - 28 October). No show on Thursday.
Musical Gardens Show: Be enchanted by the musical gardens event –the Jardins Musicaux, as it’s known. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the beautiful surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. The musical gardens event runs on Tuesday (01 - 15 May and 03 July - October 23. No show on Thurs, Sat or Sun.
Amazing. The tour guides were fantastic. They made it so worth while. Thank you.
My wife, daughter, granddaughter and I all enjoyed this tour. It was easy to locate and get to the pickup location for the tour start. The staff were great in getting the group organized. Our guide at Versailles was terrific. This was our first time to book a tour with Viator, but it will not be our last.
United States of America
Great tour, Catherine was an excellent guide. Very knowledgeable about the history of the palace. She kept the pace of the tour relax, fun and also showed us some extra beautiful areas in the gardens. Overall an amazing place and a fun tour.
With all the crowds we were glad to skip the line and get Tanya who provided an excellent and insightful tour!!
Great guide, well worth it. The initial meeting at the train was unorganized.
We had a wonderful time touring the Versailles castle and gardens.From the time we met up with our guide Pablo who escorted us to Versaillles, we were in good hands. Our tour guide through the castle and Gardens was Katherine, and she was excellent. So very friendly, and knowledgable. We were able to see the musical fountains show and it was delightful. All in all, between the helpful guides who helped us skip through very long lines, and all the interesting history, the trip was definitely worth the price!!
This tour was amazing!
Skipping the line here is almost imperitive as the crowds were pretty big due to the Public Holiday. Our guide not only shared as much as she could from her vast knowledge base but she did an excellent job of keeping the tour group together and protecting us form the crowd. Versailles Palace and the grounds are totally mind blowing and a must visit.
This tour was fantastic. No waiting in the long lines. Our guide went right up to the front of the line and we all went in. I would rate this tour from 1-5 a 5. It was so well handled and the guides gave us so much information.
5 stars for the Excellent tour Guide, very helpful and friendly. Very informative and knowledgeable. However our 1pm tour didn't start until 3, so we waited around for a long while. I believe one of their guides had become sick.