- Small-group day trip from Paris to World War 1 sites of Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- Hear stories from your guide about the WW1 battles that took place in this area of northern France
- Visit the Canadian National Vimy Memorial and learn about the Battle of Vimy Ridge
- See one of the largest cemeteries in the area, the Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery in Souchez
- Explore the historic town of Arras, the capital of the Pas-de-Calais region
- Discover the Monchy-Le-Preux Memorial and learn about the Battle of Arras
- Small-group tour limited to 18 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the Cabaret-Rouge British Cemetery, located in the nearby town of Souchez. Named after a house that once stood there, this cemetery was designed by the architect Sir Frank Higginson and is one of the largest in the region. Follow your guide around the cemetery and learn about the 7,655 Commonwealth soldiers buried here.
Drive south to the capital of the Pas-de-Calais region, Arras, and enjoy free time to explore on your own and discover the city’s spectacular squares. This historic center of the former Artois region, located on the Scarpe River, dates back more than 2,000 years. Your guide will happily recommend some places to enjoy lunch (own expense).
Lastly, visit the Monchy-Le-Preux Memorial. This commemorates a unit of the Canadian Army, the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. Then, relax on the drive back to your hotel in Paris.
We had our tour at the end of our Paris stay. We had a couple of people on our Paris tour cancel, so it was just my mom and I with Sebastian, the greatest tour guide in Paris! Nothing like having a history teacher give you a tour of a WW1 sites. As a Canadian, I must say this tour is a must for any trip to France. Kudos to Viator for having WW1 tours leave from Paris! Much appreciated. Would do the tour again if I could..
This was a terrific tour! An absolutely must-do for Canadians - the very best way to visit Vimy and surrounds easily from Paris. In particular, the guide I had, Sebastien, was so knowledgeable - really, an encyclopedia on military history - and really pleasant and accommodating as well - I strongly recommend trying to arrange to have him as your guide. We were also accompanied by Nicola, who is new to the company and is in training, and was a super addition to our little group. I've taken other day trips from Paris with Viatours and this local tour company, and they've all been great - this one was just as good!!