- 3-hour Christmas walking tour for food lovers in Paris
- Experience Christmas shopping in Paris at markets and shops decked out for the holidays
- Sample festive French produce: artisan cakes, cookies and hot wine
- Learn about the Thirteen Desserts of Christmas tradition from your expert guide
- Relax with a hot beverage in a typical Parisian tearoom
- Maximum group size of eight people, ensuring a personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A great chance to get into the Christmas spirit in style! It's great that you get to taste typical French Christmas treats and hear the stories behind them too.
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Focusing on the gourmet foods available at the market, you'll sample regional specialties as you stroll around with your expert guide. Sip on hot spiced wine (vin chaud), and try beautiful Christmas cakes, gingerbread cookies and other seasonal delicacies on sale in a Parisian Christmas market.
Your small-group tour will continue to some famous Paris food stores, where you will enjoy samples of chocolate and traditional French sweets. Learn about the Thirteen Desserts of Christmas, a Christian tradition that originated in the south of France, whereby 13 desserts are eaten after a Christmas meal. The 13 desserts symbolize the 12 apostles and Christ, and while you won't have chance to sample all of them, you'll try a few of the best – including candied fruits, nougat and gingerbread.
Your gourmet Christmas tour ends in a typical Parisian tearoom, where you can relax with a hot beverage while your guide regales you with tales of festive French traditions.
An excellent tour with a superb and knowledgeable guide. We thoroughly enjoyed exploring many areas and gourmet shops in Paris which we would never have discovered on our own. Being able to choose the food items and enjoying them with a hot beverage at the end of the tour is a lovely experience. Highly recommended!!
Great tour and we had a wonderful tour guide!