- Small-group day trip to Loire Valley castles from Paris
- Visit the Loire Valley, a beautiful UNESCO World Heritage-listed region of central France famous for Renaissance castles and gardens
- Choose between two sets of châteaux, including Villandry, Langeais, Chenonceau and Chambord
- Enjoy lunch in a beautiful setting, either in an 18th-century inn or in the park of Château de Langeais
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned minivan
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Option one: Amboise, Chenonceau and Chambord
First, discover Château d’Amboise, a favored royal residence during the Renaissance. Here, in the Chapel of St Hubert, the remains of Leonardo da Vinci are buried.
Then, marvel at Château de Chenonceau. Famed for its highly decorated interior and exterior, this is one of the most popular châteaux in France. After your tour, enjoy a three-course lunch with wine (included) at the nearby 18th-century Breton-style inn (for a sample menu, please refer to the Itinerary section below).
Then, visit UNESCO World Heritage-listed Château de Chambord, the largest castle in the Loire Valley and one of the most recognizable due to its astounding Renaissance architecture. Legend has it that Leonardo da Vinci contributed to the design of its famous double-helix staircase.
Option two: Villandry, Langeais and Azay le Rideau
If you choose this option, start your tour with a visit to Château de Villandry and walk around its spectacular gardens and beautiful terraces. This castle was the last great chateau built on the banks of the Loire River during the Renaissance.
Next, tour Château de Langeais, a wonderful example of medieval architecture built in 1465 by Louis XI. For lunch, stop by the bakery opposite the castle (own expense) and enjoy a picnic in the lovely park of Langeais. Or, your guide can offer some recommendations for nearby restaurants and cafés.
Lastly, visit 16th-century Château d’Azay le Rideau, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. One of the most elegant Loire castles, this chateau is built on an island in the middle of the River Indre and is surrounded by a wooded park.
After your Loire Valley châteaux tour, enjoy a relaxing drive back to Paris.
- Charcuterie and vegetables
- Chicken and mushroom sauce with green beans and French fries
- Cod with green beans and French fries
- Beef steak with green beans and French fries
Choice of desserts of the day
Highlight of our time in France. Personalised tour, enjoyed getting to know our guide and fellow travellers. The castles were a great contrasting mix of size and style. Enjoyed our lunch and everything else about the day!
Immediate pick-up email confirmation, timely pick-up, two other hotel stops for van, good driver/one language/good knowledge for needed morning reststop, and excellent Chenonceux restaurant. Should have provided access to audio phones at the three selected chateaux- huge Sunday crowds