- Small-group day trip from Paris to the Champagne region with an expert guide
- Savor eight Champagne tastings in three different locations
- Learn about the history of Champagne and how it’s made
- Dine on a French lunch of cheese and charcuterie at a small boutique winery
- Enjoy a 3-glass tasting of Premier Crus Champagnes at a boutique winery
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A must-do tour for bubbly lovers! You learn all about Champagne from a trained sommelier and get to indulge in eight Champagne tastings!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Lunch at Penet-Chardonnet ...Photo by: Andrea C
- VerzyPhoto by: girltracey
- Taittinger CellarPhoto by: girltracey
- Reims CathedralPhoto by: girltracey
- Dom PerignonPhoto by: Stephen S
- The GrapesPhoto by: Stephen S
- Spectacular CavesPhoto by: Stephen S
- So much Dom!Photo by: Jon C
- MMMmmmm grapesPhoto by: Jon C
- Lunch at La Maison Penet.Photo by: Geoffrey J
- In the cellarsPhoto by: Nicholas M
Australia, 10 2013
- Testing TimePhoto by: Nicholas M
Australia, 10 2013
- The champagne fieldsPhoto by: Nicholas M
Australia, 10 2013
- SamplingPhoto by: Carol C
- Bio Dynamic GrapesPhoto by: Carol C
- Beautiful viewsPhoto by: Carol C
- An Amazing lunchPhoto by: Carol C
- CramantPhoto by: Claudia A
What You Can Expect
Your tour will include a visit to three Champagne houses and wineries, but the actual stops will vary according to the day you visit. They may include well-known brands such as Mercier, Pommery or Tattinger, along with smaller, boutique wineries in the Champagne region.
During your tour, learn about the Champagne-making process as you discover the underground chalk cellars where the Champagne is aged. Finish your visit with the day’s first glass of bubbly, and then hop back in your minivan for the drive through the delightful countryside. Your tour may include a stop in Hautvilliers, home to the ancient Benedictine abbey where a local monk by the name of Dom Pérignon (maybe you’ve heard of him?) worked on the creation of Champagne in the 18th century.
For your next stop, head to a small boutique winery that produces high-quality Champagne. After a tour of the winery, taste three different Champagnes and one wine while enjoying a French lunch of cheese and charcuterie (cured meats like sausage and pâté) and admiring the spectacular views of the Marne Valley. In the afternoon, your tour continues to the Premier Crus area, where you’ll visit another boutique winery for your final Champagne tasting of the day. See how the style and characteristics of each producer compare to each other and how the final product varies. You’ll receive three tastings of Premier Crus (a classification of French wine that denotes very high quality) before heading back to Paris.
Overall a great day. Highlight was lunch with winemaker's family and their wines with plenty of feedback. Would have preferred a variety of wines at one place instead of a full glass of one style. Chance to purchase without obligation.
Back in Paris dropped off at their wine bar which has great variety of wines by glass and food!
This is a great tour. The guide was excellent, Champagne delicious, and all three Champagne producers were wonderful hosts. We particularly enjoyed lunch and tasting at La Maison Penet. They even opened an extra bottle on request.
This tour was professional from beginning to end. Our guide, Alain, was knowledgable and very personable. We visited 3 very different champagne houses and all were fantastic. This tour exceeded our expectations. The countryside was beautiful and it was lovely to see the smaller, family run champagne houses.
Jenna H United States of ...
What a FANTASTIC day!!!!! I highly recommend this tour, absolutely worth it.
This was a great tour. We visited 3 wonderful, yet distinctly different champagne houses and enjoyed an amazing, home-cooked lunch at one. Our hosts were warm and welcoming. Our guide was knowledgeable, friendly and made the whole day very enjoyable. I would highly recommend this tour and would take it again myself. I will treasure my memories of this day!
Enjoyed tour very much!
What an excellent way to spend a day in France. Visiting wineries large and small was very interesting.
Lunch at one of the smaller winery was excellent and all champagne tasting was superb. A must-do !!
We had a wonderful tour with Pierre. We went to three vineyards: 2 small, 1 medium sized. The winemakers were all very friendly. We recommend this tour.
This was a great tour. It was great to have a ride out there and not worry about how to get from place to place. Daniel brought us to one larger vineyard and two smaller vineyards. It was so interesting to combine and contrast! Having an expert in the field and someone who could translate was really awesome. I would absolutely recommend this trip.
I have already responded to your request to rate our trip to Champagne.