- Small-group day trip from Paris to the Champagne region with an expert guide
- Savor eight Champagne tastings in three different locations
- Learn about the history of Champagne and how it’s made
- Tour of the famous Champagne house Moët & Chandon in Epernay
- Visit the village of Hautvilliers and the abbey where monk Dom Pérignon helped create Champagne
- Dine on a French lunch of cheese and charcuterie at a small boutique winery
- Enjoy a 3-glass tasting of Premier Crus Champagnes at a boutique winery
- Small-group tour limited to eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Your first stop is the world-famous Champagne house Moët & Chandon, near the town of Epernay. During your tour, learn about the Champagne-making process as you discover the underground chalk cellars where the Champagne is aged. Finish the tour with the day’s first glass of bubbly, and then hop back in your minivan for the drive to the delightful village of Hautvilliers, home to the ancient Benedictine abbey where a local monk by the name of Dom Pérignon (maybe you’ve heard of him?) worked on the creation of Champagne in the 18th century.
From Hautvilliers, head to a small boutique winery that produces high-quality Champagne. After a tour of the winery, taste three different Champagnes and one wine while enjoying a French lunch of cheese and charcuterie (cured meats like sausage and pâté) and admiring the spectacular views of the Marne Valley. In the afternoon, your tour continues to the Premier Crus area, where you’ll visit another boutique winery for your final Champagne tasting of the day. You’ll receive three tastings of Premier Crus (a classification of French wine that denotes very high quality) before heading back to Paris.
Reviewed by Philip C, May 2013
A most enjoyable day out.
Reviewed by Holly F, April 2013
This was a great tour and our guide was very knowledgeable. It was interesting seeing the different champagne houses and especially tasting the different champagnes. Our favorite was the small champagne house we visited last, Monmarthe. Our guide there was very personable and showed us the entire process and their champagne was fantastic! The tour there only included the 8 people on our tour. Would highly recommend.