- Somme Battlefields of WWI tour of Paris by minivan
- Personalized small group (maximum 16 people)
- Visit the Delville Wood cemetery at Longueval
- See the landmine Lochnagar crater
- Visit the Australian battlefield sites at Poziere and Mouquet Farm
- British memorial at Thiepval and Ulster Tower
- Visit the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux
- Tour the Historial Peronne WWI museum
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
See the Australian flag flying over Poziere in recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC's in the battle that took place here during the battle of the Somme. This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm which you will also visit today.
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system. During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war. Return to your Paris hotel.
This was an amazing trip for all Australians whose family fought in the war. Both our tour guide and bus driver were awesome and very knowledgeable, I was very comfortable all day and having only a small group was great. Would recommend to all to see.
Brilliant tour, awesome guide which incredible subject knowledge. Rural France is beautiful and it's worth getting out of the city for the day.