- 1.5-hour walking tour of the Opera Garnier in Paris
- See where some of the world’s most famous operas, like La Traviata, have taken place
- Walk through the Member’s Rotunda and see the statue of Prophetess Pythia by the Grand Escalier
- Hear how the building inspired the setting for The Phantom of the Opera musical and novel
- Prepare to be awestruck by elegance as you admire opulent chandeliers, mosaics, paintings and mirrors in the Grand Foyer
- Opt for an after-hours tour to see the magnificent Opera Garnier without the crowds
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Apollo holding the lyrePhoto by: Alan B
- Palais Garnier Opera grand ...Photo by: Holly D
- Opera GarnierPhoto by: Micahel S
- The Chadalier, Mark Shagals ...Photo by: MARK D
- Grand staircase at The Opera ...Photo by: Maria C
- FOYER PALAIS GARNIERPhoto by: verca
- Opera GloryPhoto by: Paris4me
USA, 12 2013
- Opera GarnierPhoto by: Paris4me
USA, 12 2013
- The receiption hall in the ...Photo by: winnie c
- The ceiling of the opera ...Photo by: winnie c
- Entrance Hall to Garnier ...Photo by: Richard H
- OperaPhoto by: April S
- DSC04903.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04899.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04896.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04893.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04889.JPGPhoto by: Emily
- DSC04886.JPGPhoto by: Emily
What You Can Expect
Great experience, certainly a must see when in Paris.
I really enjoyed our tour guide
This is way beyond my expectations!! And I expected PLENTY!!!
I would recommend taking the tour, versus doing it on your own, to gain information.
I also enjoyed hearing the tour guides voice
I LOVED this tour!! I took this tour on my second visit to Paris. Last year I visited Versailles Palace and it was beautiful, but I honestly think that Palais Garnier is MORE beautiful than Versailles!!! On the inside at least. I would highly recommend this tour, it was well worth the money, and I liked hearing the stories and a little history about the building's past. My group got to go into the auditorium and sit in the seats that cost about 250-300 Euros to see a show. Definitely a highlight, but the best part is the grand foyer. So much better than the Hall of Mirrors at Versailles. Plus there's less people in your photos! I also liked that we were free to go back and walk through all the rooms by ourselves after our tour to get any extra photos as I always have my camera out. I walked back through the grand foyer and out onto the balcony where you could see The Louvre at the end of the avenue! I would rate this ten stars if I could.
Toured this on my 2nd visit to Paris. But, if you are going on your 1st visit to Paris, don't miss this, with a guided tour, of course!
Guide was super literary, reasonable in details, super informative! Highly recommend, worth money we paid!
The tour guide was very knowledgeable. The building is spectacular!
Interesting, entertaining and well-paced for walking weary tourists. Only recommendation would be to make it clear that even as a pre-paid tour, the individual needs to get on the line INSIDE the Opera and be assigned there to an English tour. The tour itself...wonderful!
Excellent tour. A real treat to see behind-the-scenes at the Opera Garnier, with our charming, informative guide we even got a sneak peak of Don Giovanni in rehearsal. Highly recommended for lovers of art, architecture, and design, as well as opera.