- Versailles Small Group Day Trip from Paris
- Hall of Mirrors and Louis XIV's apartments
- Magnificent Fountain Show displays on Saturday and Sundays (April to October)
- Choice of morning or afternoon tours
- Smaller group tour ensures a more personalized experience
- Transportation and pre-purchased entry tickets included
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A great option for people who don't like big group tours. You get transport and admission and the option to explore Versailles on your own or take a guided tour with a very small group.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- VersaillesPhoto by: stephe
- at GardenPhoto by: Amani A
- Our groupPhoto by: Karen D
USA, 06 2010
- Hall of MirrorsPhoto by: Karen D
USA, 06 2010
- Lovely!Photo by: Karen D
USA, 06 2010
- Fountains & PalacePhoto by: Glenn D C
Canada, 07 2009
- Trädgården i ...Photo by: Hans A
- Shimmering gilded wallsPhoto by: Felix
- One of the many rooms at the ...Photo by: Jean L
- Vista desde el jardinPhoto by: Francisco R
España, 07 2013
- VersaillesPhoto by: Keanchin A
- Painting within VersaillesPhoto by: Ashish P
- The ceiling of Marie ...Photo by: Lachlan P
- Hall of MirrorsPhoto by: Katie I
- Hameau de la ReinePhoto by: DMarie
- The Queen's HamletPhoto by: Jeff & Kathy
- The Colonnade GrovePhoto by: Jeff & Kathy
- The OrangeryPhoto by: Jeff & Kathy
- The Hall of MirrorsPhoto by: Jeff & Kathy
- The South ParterrePhoto by: Jeff & Kathy
What You Can Expect
Choose from a morning or afternoon departure from Paris. Your hostess will provide advice to help you plan your time at Versailles. An audio guide is available in 8 languages. Your tour of the Palace of Versailles will be independent without a tour guide. It includes free time to explore Louis XIV's fabulous suite of rooms, the grand Hall of Mirrors and the apartments of the Dauphin and Dauphine. (Approximate time spent at Versailles is two hours).
Your full day tour begins with a fully-guided tour of Versailles (1-hour) including the Royal Apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Queen's Bedroom and the Gallery of Battles. Enjoy lunch at La Petite Venise Restaurant. After lunch, it's time to explore the palace gardens and take a visit to the Queen's Hamlet, where Marie-Antoinette played at being a shepherdess in the 1780s. You'll then take a guided tour of the Grand Trianon (1 hour), a mini palace where Louis XV and Louis XVI liked to lead a quiet life outside the court of Versailles.
Great guide, comprehensive tour. Picked up and returned to our accommodation. Versailles is over-the-top magnificent. Extra crowded because we were there on a Sunday when the fountains are on. The palace is only the start. The gardens and fountains go on forever. Enjoyed lunch then toured the quieter Grand and Petit Trianons and finished with Marie Antoinette's farm - like a fairy tale village. Well worth a whole day.
Very well organised with a driver who gave us full background and history on the way to Versailles. We waited a very short time before entering the palace when we left the queue was enormous! All very well ordered and everything ran to time. A great time!!
Truly awesome experience. Great guide. Glad I did the whole day and and in such a small group.
Thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Excellent tour guide. Highly recommend seeing the gardens. A fantastic day.
The only way to see the Palace of Versailles. I couldn't believe the long line of people queued to go in the ordinary entrance. Whilst the group tour entrance was busy, it didn't take long to get through. Faby our guide was fabulous. She was interesting to listen to and made the tour into an interesting experience. The Palace itself, the gardens and park are a must see on any visit to Paris, as it is truly a magnificent piece of French history.
An excellent trip and good value for money. Our guide, Sandrine, was lovely, very knowledgeable and helpful considering the dreadful weather. I would definitely recommend this tour.
Very convenient. Driver/guide was on-time. Drove and told us some history and also pointed out landmarks. Went to the gardens first. I brought my elderly parents and they walked a bit before resting. We were given about 45 mins i think in the gardens. Then waited about 15 mins before he managed to get us through the queues. We took the audio guide and wandered around by ourselves. Time was just about enough. After the tour, he showed us a bit of versailles town itself before driving back to the hotel. Highly recommend this tour if you want a hassle-free, quick tour or if you are bringing elderly people.
It was amazing. My mom and I really enjoyed it. The guide was great and very knowledgeable. We have also enjoyed the lunch that was included in the tour. Thank you for an incredible experience.
Enjoyed the time with our guide Ricardo who was very knowledgeable and informative about Versailles and all things Paris. Versailles was an impressive palace and a must see if you have the time while in Paris. Our day was exceptionally crowded, but you were still able to take in the grandeur of the reign of the Sun King. I would definitely book this tour again!