- Versailles bike day tour
- Tour Versailles' gardens by bicycles and see far more than visitors on foot
- Marie Antoinette's farm-style Hameau, the Petit Trianon and the Grand Trianon
- Visit to Versailles' market to shop for delicious picnic provisions
- Picnic lunch by the Grand Canal
Recent Photos of This Tour
- On the Versailles groundsPhoto by: Edward L
- Versailles_Mirrors Hall_SilviaPhoto by: Francisco L
- Picnicing in Versailles!Photo by: Leslie A
USA, 08 2010
- Versaille Bike TourPhoto by: Scott C
USA, 08 2009
- Versaille PicnicPhoto by: Scott C
USA, 08 2009
- Versailles by Bike from ParisPhoto by: Anonymous
- Picnic LunchPhoto by: Lynn M
USA, 03 2009
- Mount up!Photo by: John G
USA, 07 2008
- Shopping for lunchPhoto by: Louise R
USA, 04 2016
- Marie Antoinettes GardenPhoto by: Dezhang Z
- VersaillesPhoto by: JanetY
Malaysia, 10 2015
- Amazing!!!Photo by: thomassullivan27
- Picnic on the Grand CanaPhoto by: cnp.drp
- The Village being restoredPhoto by: cnp.drp
- Bike tour VersaillesPhoto by: Tiziana R
- Versailles Day TourPhoto by: Tiziana R
- versailles canalPhoto by: Lara S
- versailles gardenPhoto by: Lara S
- versailles and gardensPhoto by: Lara S
- Picnic-Ready on the Grand ...Photo by: Bethe M
What You Can Expect
The gardens and forests of Versailles span 1,976 acres (800 hectares), and are crisscrossed by a network of picturesque trails and tree-lined paths. Follow your guide and leave behind the pedestrians as you explore parts of the grounds that few venture out to, including Marie Antoinette's country-style Hameau, the Petit Trianon and the Grand Trianon. You’ll cover about 10 miles (16 km) at a relaxed pace.
Arrive at a lovely secluded section of the Grand Canal that only those on bicycles can reach easily, and settle in for your picnic lunch. Get a kick out of the fact that you are sitting on the same spot where Louis XIV, XV and XVI enjoyed their meals when they wished to admire their spectacular palace from the outside.
Then, cycle back toward the palace and spend about 1.5 hours inside. With your provided audio-guide, learn about the lives of the French monarchy before their removal from power by the 1798 Revolution. See the King's State Apartments and Chapel, and walk through the unforgettable Hall of Mirrors, where the treaty ending WWI was signed.
Your Versailles bike tour ends with a return to Paris via RER train.
Great way to get to cover the whole Versailles Palace and Gardens.
Such an awesome day!!! It is a trip that puts the whole of Versaille in perspective. The route was charming and not so difficult for a gal who hasn't ridden a bike in years! Our guide Nathan was fun and knowledgeable. The Hameau was fabulous and a spot you wouldn't see as a walk on tourist to the Chateau. The picnic lunch was brilliant and the goodies in the market and boulangerie made the day. As always the splendour of the interiors is overwhelming. It was a full day but so well worth it.
Believe the hype! This is the best way to experience Versailles!
Super tour with an excellent guide Alan who kept us entertained all day
This was our favorite day in our week long trip to France! We had so much fun going to the market, biking through the gardens, picnicking along the water and learning about the history of Versailles. Our guide was great and everything was managed so well. I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting Paris.
Louise R USA
My son and I really enjoyed this bike tour! Tommy, our french guide was great! Getting an hour to shop around the Versailles market for picnic food was fantastic. It was a lot of fun seeing the gardens and Tommy was very knowledgeable with the history of the palace and the past french royalty. It was one of our favorite days!
best way to get around the gardens of Versailles. one of my favorite parts of my trip to Paris. the bike tour guide was really great. his explanation of the history was told like a story and kept me interested.
the picnic lunch just topped it off. thanks for a great tour
This trip was super fun. Even though it was cold in Paris and Versailles, that didn't keep us from having a great time. Our tour guide Richard kept our group of twelve informed and entertained the entire time. The market in Versailles, had the most amazingly fresh and delicious food. It took everything in our will power to not buy too much - a suggestion for future groups is to divide and conquer, because we had way too much food. The grounds of Versailles were beautiful and vast. I truly got my work-out in that day and was ready to eat when we stopped for our picnic. Versailles was beautiful. It was definitely worth the trip.
Lovely day at Versailles! Tour guide Nick was interesting, informed, friendly, made us feel like we were hanging out with a friend for the day. Best picnic ever!
Wow, this tour was tiring, but worth it if you have an extra day in Paris. I would recommend seeing the inside of Versailles on another day because of how long this trip is, we were too tired to enjoy the palace, way too much for one day. The guide was great, it was all interesting, and I'm glad we went.