- 4.5-hour Viator Exclusive: Versailles day trip and Dalloyau exclusive meal voucher
- Admire Marie-Antoinette’s Hamlet and Petit Trianon from the comfort of a minibus
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Palace of Versailles on a walking tour and see the Hall of Mirrors
- Explore Versailles Gardens at leisure before your journey back to Paris
- Use your Viator voucher to dine on an exclusive Versailles-themed meal at the prestigious Dalloyau restaurant (own expense)
- This combination of tour and exclusive Dalloyau menu cannot be booked anywhere else!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Complete your Versailles experience with a visit to Maison Dalloyau. The Veal à la Française is fantastic, and you can enjoy discounts in Dalloyau patisserie, too. Look out for the signature treat: Le Cake d’Amour de Dalloyau!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Founded in the early 17th century, the showstopping palace was officially built as a royal hunting lodge for King Louis XIII; unofficially, it's believed that it served as a place for trysts with his lover, Louise de la Vallière. During Louis XIV's reign, lavish wraparound gardens and a succession of extravagant additions to the lodge were added, transforming it into one of the world’s most decadent palaces.
By 1682, the grounds were declared the official royal residence. Louis XIV eventually set up separate quarters for his wife, Queen Marie-Antoinette. Attesting to his elaborate tastes, her home was more akin to a fairytale village and the site is now referred to as Marie-Antoinette’s Hamlet. Admire the gardens and farmhouse and see Le Petit Trianon, her handsome personal palace.
After seeing the grounds by minibus, walk past the palace’s long entrance lines with your skip-the-line ticket and head inside for your walking tour. Explore public rooms like the chapel, the King’s Grand Apartments, and Hall of Mirrors – where crystal chandeliers hang from frescoed ceilings and the walls are covered with gilded mirrors. Gaze at the plush interiors, and then head outside the palace to explore Versailles Gardens at leisure.
Having explored the gardens, meet your guide and travel back to central Paris. Your tour finishes with a drop-off on the Champs Élysées, near Dalloyau – a luxurious family-owned restaurant that has operated since Charles Dalloyau started cooking for King Louis XIV in the 17th century.
Before leaving, your guide will explain how you can use your Viator voucher to enjoy an exclusive Versailles-themed meal at Dalloyau in Paris– only available to Viator customers on this tour – at a reduced rate, and immediately after the end of the tour. The meal is at your own expense and menu options and prices are detailed below. Head inside, meet your Dalloyau guide, receive a complimentary gift and learn all about the restaurant's connection with Versailles. Watch a macaroon-making demonstration to see how the sweet treats were once made for King Louis, and then take a seat for your meal!
- Selection of hot and cold canapés of the royal court
- Traditional French vegetable soup
- Duck parmentier (shredded duck confit) topped with pomme purée (mashed potato)
- Aromatic cod and herb casserole with pomme purée
- Fricassée (stew) of vegetables and Ratte potatoes
- Selection of desserts of King Louis XIV
Delices du Roi menu includes a glass of red or white wine and two bottles of mineral water (still and sparkling).
Sample Menu: Excellence de Versailles (65 euros)
- Potage Durberry (cream of cauliflower soup)
- Foie gras with chutney and brioche
- Smoked salmon blinis with French lemon cream
- Roast sea bass with shellfish cream
- Veal à la Française (seared in butter and lemon)
- Echiquier (chequered chocolate cake) with chocolate ice cream
- Tendresse de fruit (fruit salad) with red berry sauce
Excellence de Versailles menu includes a glass of Champagne, half a bottle of red or white wine, and two bottles of mineral water (still and sparkling).
Our guide was excellent. Would highly recommend.
It was amazing!! Loved it! The tour guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. The palace is stunning, the gardens were breathtaking and the whole experience was just fantastic!