- Puerto Madryn shore excursion to Punta Tombo
- Take a private day trip to Punta Tombo, home to Patagonia’s most important Magellanic penguins colony
- Walk among the penguins and witness their habits up close!
- Learn about the penguins' migration and breeding patterns from your knowledgeable guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
This peninsula, a fauna and penguin preservation area created in 1979, is home to the most important Magellan penguins colony in Patagonia. Almost one million of these loveable creatures arrive from the Atlantic at this place every year in order to breed, incubate their eggs, and prepare their offspring for migration. Though the first penguins arrive in September and stay until April, the best season to see them is after November, once the babies are born, so this is the perfect opportunity for you to experience the penguins!
Your guide will lead you down the 2-mile (3-km) stretch of beach so you can get up close to these amazing animals. Walk among the penguins, witness their habits, and see how they feed their babies, fight for the defense of their territories, and build their nests. You’ll watch these tender animals more closely than you ever imagined you could!
After this unique wildlife experience, you’ll be taken back to the Puerto Madryn port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion
We will ensure your timely return to the Puerto Madryn port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.