- Penang city sightseeing tour with private guide
- Enjoy sweeping views on a scenic drive and from Penang Hill by funicular railway
- Watch batik artisans at work and make a pewter bowl in a hands-on workshop
- See live pit vipers coiled at the Snake Temple (Temple of the Azure Cloud)
- View a statue of Guanyin at Kek Lok Si Temple (Pagoda of Ten Thousand Buddhas)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
What You Can Expect
Stop at a traditional fishing village, then visit a batik factory. There, watch artisans shape designs from wax and dye to create this classic Malaysian textile art. Then drive by fruit plantations and learn about commonly grown fruits and spices such as clove and nutmeg.
Continue to the famous Snake Temple (aka Temple of the Azure Cloud), which was built in 1850 in memory of a Chinese monk who sheltered jungle snakes. Inside Snake Temple, venomous pit vipers coil around temple altars, the reptiles supposedly made drowsy and harmless by incense smoke, but their venom removed for safety.
Next up, head to one of the largest Chinese Buddhist temple complexes in Southeast Asia, Kek Lok Si Temple. The temple complex contains many pagodas, prayer halls and bell towers built in varying styles—from Chinese to Burmese to Thai. A bronze statue of the goddess of mercy, Guanyin, looks down from the hill above the pagoda.