- Day trip to Orangutan Island, Taiping Lake Gardens, Zoo Taiping, and Perak Museum from Penang with a private guide
- See endangered orangutans at the conservation center on Orangutan Island
- Visit the highlights of Taiping, a well-preserved colonial city with a gorgeous mountain backdrop from the Bintang Range
- Stroll through the tranquil Taiping Lake Gardens and learn how it was once a mining area
- Visit the Taiping zoo and see a variety of exotic animals
- Check out the extensive and unusual natural history collections at the Perak Museum, Malaysia’s oldest museum
- Learn from your private guide about Malaysia’s wildlife and the challenges of conservation
What You Can Expect
Wander the paths with your friendly guide and learn about the efforts to protect their habitat as you keep your eyes peeled for roaming orangutans and maybe even some of their playful babies!
Leave the island head to Taiping, where you’ll visit a well-preserved colonial town and enjoy lunch (own expense) before exploring Taiping Lake Gardens. Once a destination for mining companies, this 160-acred (64-hectare) park has been transformed into a natural escape where you’ll have a chance to see angsana tress and relax in the quiet beauty of the park.
From there, follow your guide to the Taiping Zoo. Check out elephants, monkeys and dozens of other animals before making your way to Perak Museum. Your guide will walk you through the Art Deco building, built in 1883, and share stories about the history of the nation, as well as this historic building on your tour.
Finally, return to your Penang hotel via the Penang Bridge—the third longest bridge on earth. Enjoy epic views and snap some memorable photos before your journey ends.
Certainly worth a visit here but allow at least 11/2 hour for the zoo
The Iranian island was worth doing but would advise English speaking tourists not to the Taiping Zoo as the guide, even after repeated efforts to get him to translate into English completely ignored the request. The Perak Museum was worth doing though.