Margaret River is known as one of the premium wine regions of Australia. Visit several wineries and taste some of the fine vintages available. Overnight in Margaret River and discover some of her other natural attractions and artisan wares. A must do tour for the wine lover!
- Two-day luxury coach tour of the Margaret River wine region
- One nights accommodation with private facilities. Choose from a Standard Hotel, Standard Apartment or Deluxe Boutique Hotel
- Visit several wineries for yourself and taste some of the fine vintages
- Mammoth Cave - one of over 300 natural underground limestone caves in the district
- Picnic lunch
- Visit a chocolate factory, cheese factory and a local boutique brewery
- Expert local commentary
- Pickup and drop off from selected Perth city, Northbridge, South Perth, Fremantle and Scarborough hotels
This morning travel to Busselton and stop to marvel at the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere. Then continue further south to the Margaret River Wine Region and enjoy free time to explore the quaint town of Margaret River. Afterward, enjoy a picnic lunch at the Lake Cave Tearooms and time permitting, visit the Cave Works Interpretive Centre. Next visit Mammoth Cave and see the limestone formations created over the centuries, before heading further south through the stunning Boranup Forest.
Arriving at Australia’s most south-westerly point, Augusta, visit Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and see where the Indian and Great Southern Oceans meet. Then visit a winery where you have the opportunity to sample some of the local wine.
Overnight: Choice of accommodation please see below
Day 2: Margaret River to Perth (B,L)
Today is all about wine with a visit to three or four wineries. Margaret River produces more than 25% of Australia’s premium wine and with the help of a local expert you will gain insight and appreciation of some of the best wines in the region. Enjoy a gourmet café style lunch and then visit the Chocolate Factory, Cheese Factory and a local boutique brewery (time permitting). Finish off your wine tour with a visit to the Venison Farm before heading back to Perth stopping for dinner along the way (own expense).
Margaret River Accommodation
- Standard Hotel: Australis Margaret River - motel with ensuite rooms, located just out of the town centre. Including Day 1 (Lunch and Dinner) and Day 2 (Breakfast and Lunch).
- Standard Apartments: Margarets Forest Apartments. - self-contained apartments in a studio room, located in the main street of Margaret River. Including Day 1 (Lunch) and Day 2 (Breakfast and Lunch).
- Deluxe Boutique Hotel: Cape Lodge - garden King Room with ensuite. Luxurious Boutique Hotel located 30 minutes from Margaret River in the heart of the wine growing region. Taxi transfer into town included. Including Day 1 (Lunch) and Day 2 (Breakfast and Lunch)...
Reviewed by Barbara J, Australia, June 2010
Reviewed by IAN H, Australia, March 2009