- Day trip by 4WD to the Pinnacles Desert from Perth
- Seeing koalas and other native animals up-close at Caversham Wildlife Park
- Guided walk through the Pinnacles limestone pillars
- Sandboarding over the Lancelin dunes
- Picnic lunch at Cervantes
- Enjoy a walking tour of a working lobster factory
- Experienced, friendly and knowledgeable guides
- Pickup and drop off from selected Perth city, Northbridge, South Perth, Fremantle and Scarborough hotels
Recent Photos of this Tour
In the afternoon it's on to the mystical Pinnacles Desert for an easy-paced walk through the fascinating, moon-like landscape. Then there's the thrilling experience of sandboarding and driving by 4WD over the vast sand dunes of Lancelin. On your return to Perth, stops to view wildflowers are made seasonally (August-December).
Reviewed by JK, March 2013
Reviewed by jukejam, March 2013
Overall I really enjoyed this trip and the sandboarding was absolutely fabulous - even for a nearly 50 year old!!! The Pinnacles were impressive once you were among them, but the initial view was disappointing - but that is only my opinion. The lobster factory visit was interesting and previous comments about it being horrible and cruel I do not think were necessary - how else does this food source get to our tables? The quick visit to Caversham was good. The stop at York was however extremely brief and I think the information about morning coffee in York is possibly a little exagerated!! We had 20-25 minutes which only allowed me to actually "run" to the cafe (join a queue)and then "run" to the toilet queue and that was it. It's really only a toilet stop.
The 4WD over the dunes was excellent as well.
The driver was extremely good and informative about where we were passing as well. We saw emus and kangaroos in the bush which was brilliant.