History buffs and the nature lovers will enjoy this tour from Perth. Visit just a few of Western Australia's hidden treasures. Eerie pinnacles punctuate the otherwise flat and barren plain of the Nambung National Park. History looms itself in Australia's only Benedictine Abbey at New Norcia and the wildflowers come to life along the path of this journey.
- Explore the Pinnacles Desert and New Norcia on this full-day tour by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Marvel at the world renowned Pinnacles Desert in the Nambung National Park
- Drive through Swan Valley
- See Australia's only Benedictine Abbey located in New Norcia
- See the wildflowers come to life (seasonal August to December)
- Stop at the lobster fishing town of Cervantes
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off from centrally located Perth hotels
What You Can Expect
Our morning journey takes us through historical Guildford and Swan Valley, past Perth's Pearce Air Force Base through the orange growing district of Bindoon to reach fascinating New Norcia. First settled in 1846 as a mission to the regions Aborigine, New Norcia is home to Australia's only Benedictine Abbey. A local guide escorts our drive through town explaining the intriguing history and culture of the community before visiting the local museum housing artifacts and priceless pieces, many being treasured gifts to the monastery from Popes and Royalty of Spain. We also visit a local produce shop for the chance to purchase Benedictine Community goods including olive oil, fruit wine, delicious New Norcia nut cake and fresh breads.
Continue to the lobster fishing town of Cervantes and visit the Pinnacles desert where you enjoy an easy paced walk through these mystical limestone pillars. Enjoy a buffet picnic lunch, then visit a local store featuring a range of dried wildflowers, before returning to Perth. Stops to view spring wildflowers are available from August to December only.
The entire day was very well organised and informative. The Pinnacles was well worth the trip.