- Day trip to Rottnest Island from Perth
- Begin your Rottnest Island tour from Perth and cruise down the Swan River past Millionaire's Row, or join the cruise in Fremantle
- Wildlife cruise around the island to see dolphins, seals and birds
- Pedal around the island on bike, meeting the local quokkas
- Enjoy lunch at Rottnest Lodge (if option selected)
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Rotto, as the locals call it, is unchanged over time and still maintains its rustic charm, with original heritage buildings and minimal development. As an A-Class Nature Reserve, Rottnest is committed to maintaining the natural environment, with bicycles the main form of transport (cars are practically non-existent).
You can choose to start your full-day island experience starts from Perth with a cruise down the Swan River and enjoy morning tea while passing local landmarks and the riverfront houses of Millionaire’s Row to the port town of Fremantle. Or you can choose to join the cruise in Fremantle. From Fremantle, it's just a short hop across the ocean to Rottnest Island.
Get to know Rottnest Island on a 90-minute guided wildlife cruise around the island, discovering secluded bays and inlets inhabited by birds, dolphins, seals and other marine life. The afternoon is free to explore the island at your leisure before departing for the mainland. Hire a bike and cycle out to one of the bays, go for a swim at the Basin, or meet the quokkas – Rottnest’s cute resident marsupials.
In the afternoon, get back on the cruiser to make your way back to Fremantle or up the Swan River and back to Perth.