- Day trip to Rottnest Island with 110-minute coach tour, from Perth or Fremantle
- Depart from Perth and cruise down Swan River past local landmarks and Millionaire’s Row
- Listen to informative commentary from your guide as you circumnavigate the island in a comfortable air-conditioned coach
- See spectacular locations including Wadjemup Lighthouse and the West End
- Enjoy lunch at Rottnest Lodge (if option selected) and free time in the afternoon to explore at your leisure
- Spot the island’s famous marsupials, the quokka, and marine life such as dolphins, New Zealand fur seals and humpback whales
- Have free time to explore the 7 mile-long (11km) car-free island in the afternoon
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive at the island, you’ll be escorted to the bus stop where you board a comfortable coach for your 110-minute island tour.
On the coach, you’ll be driven around the island while your guide provides commentary about Rottnest’s cultural heritage, history and wildlife. Stop at Wadjemup Lighthouse and at the West End, where you can stroll along the boardwalk and take in stunning views. Keep your eyes open for the New Zealand fur seal colony at Cathedral Rocks. You might even spot humpback whales from September to November.
Your coach will return you to Thomson Bay after the 110-minute tour and you’ll have the option to join a walking tour of Thompson Bay or free time to spend at your leisure until your ferry departs.
With 63 beaches and 20 bays, there are many opportunities for snorkeling, swimming and renting a surfboard or stand up paddleboard (own expense). You can also hire a bike (own expense) and cycle around the car-free roads. Families may want to check out the aqua park or the family fun park. Or learn more about the history of the area at the Rottnest Island Museum, the Salt Store and Exhibition Center, Lomas Cottage or the Pilot Boathouse.
If you have chosen the optional lunch, you’ll head to Rottnest Lodge for a tasty buffet selection of hot dishes, salads, deli items, desserts, and beverages.
In the afternoon you’ll catch the ferry to return to Fremantle or Perth.
The trip from Barrack Street to Freemantle and then on to Rottnest is a long one but the commentary on the way was excellent and helped the time pass. Rottnest was an absolute delight. Great bus tour of the island again with excellent commentary thank you Sharlene, good lunch at the Lodge and then time to explore a little and to make acquaintance with a quokka. Looking forward to doing it again in summer and enjoying the delights of the water. Thank you. David and Barbara Millons
This was a great trip and we loved Rottnest Island. We had to book from Perth rather than from Fremantle as I was in a wheelchair which they could only get on the boat in Perth. If you are fit I would recommend booking from fremantle as it was rather a long boat trip. However if you've never down the boat trip from Perth to Fremantle it is a good trip, just a little long when you're off to Rottnest as well. The coach tour on the Island was very good and interested and we managed to see some quokkas. All in all a very good trip.