Journey through the Western Australian wheat belt region to Wave Rock, one of Australia's most incredible natural monuments. Visit the historic township of York and view other significant historical and geological attractions of the area.
- Day tour of Wave Rock, York, Wildflowers and an Aboriginal Cultural tour from Perth
- Visit the historic township of York and learn about the grand old pioneer days in the first township founded in the Avon Valley
- Visit the dog cemetery, a tribute to Australian working sheep dogs
- See the unusual rock formations at Hippos Yawn
- Marvel at the 15-meter high natural rock formation known as Wave Rock
- Learn about dreamtime stories and discover Aboriginal sacred sites including Gnamma Holes
- Spend some free time at lunch to visit Wildlife Park and Antique Lace Collection
- See the wildflowers in bloom between September and November
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
to enjoy some morning tea (own expense).
Before arrive in Hayden, visit the Dog cemetery, this cemetery is a tibute to the Australian working sheep dogs. Once in hayden visit the Hippo's yawn, these are unusual rock formations which resembles a hppo yawning. Stop at the Wildflower shop and enjoy a picnic boxed lunch.
After lunch, See the spectacle of Wave Rock and the acient Gnamma Holes. Whilst here, you can either visit a wildlife park or view the unique Antique Lace Collection.
Leaving Wave Rock, visit the humps and Mulka's Cave. Mulka’s Cave is a large granite boulder with a hollowed out shape. The boulder is part of The Humps an impressive dome of Late Precambrian granite situated 15 km north of Wave Rock.
On the return to Perth, your tour will take a different route and stop at the quaint country town of Babakin for afternoon tea (own expense).
During wildflower season (September-November) enjoy stops to get out and view the wildflowers. Western Australian wildflowers are renowned as being one of the most spectacular wildflower displays in the world. You tour will arrive back into Perth at approximately 8:30pm
I really enjoyed this tour! Lots of driving but we stopped at a few very interesting sites. The best part at Wave Rock was having enough time to walk over the top and see the full view, and the afternoon tea on the way home was divine! Highly recommended.
Dr M S Campo
Everything is so different in Australia that every trip is a great discovery! Hugely enjoyable.