A journey through the Western Australian wheatbelt region to Wave Rock, truly one of Australia's most incredible natural monuments. During the day visit the historic township of York and view other significant historical and geological attractions of the area.
- Day tour of Wave Rock, York, Wildflowers and an Aboriginal Cultural tour from Perth
- Visit the historic township of York and learn about the grand old pioneer days in the first township founded in the Avon Valley
- Visit the dog cemetery, a tribute to Australian working sheep dogs
- See the unusual rock formations at Hippos Yawn
- Marvel at the 15-meter high natural rock formation known as Wave Rock
- Learn about dreamtime stories and discover Aboriginal sacred sites including Gnamma Holes
- Spend some free time at lunch to visit Wildlife Park and Antique Lace Collection
- See the wildflowers in bloom between September and November
What You Can Expect
Heading east enjoy morning tea (own expense) at historic York, the first township founded in the Avon Valley. Visit the Dog Cemetery before arriving in Hyden. You will then visit Hippo's Yawn, a rock formation which resembles a hippo yawning. Break for a picnic lunch at the Wildflower Shop. See the spectacle of Wave Rock and the ancient Gnamma Holes. Whilst here visit either a Wildlife Park or view a unique Antique Lace Collection.
Leaving Wave Rock visit The Humps and finally Mulka's Cave. Return to Perth via a different route and stop at the quaint country town of Babakin for afternoon tea (own expense). Arrive in Perth at approximately 8:30pm.
Wildflower viewing stops made (September - November).
Fantastic and you even get to climb the Rock..A great day thank you to the wonderful bus drivers at Adams
We covered a vast distance in one day, but we got to see a lot of remote Perth as well. Well worth doing it. Very good tour guide.