- Historical walking tour of Philadelphia with a friendly, knowledgeable guide
- See Independence Hall, where the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence
- View the Liberty Bell and see the home of past presidents like George Washington
- Visit important sites like the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Betsy Ross House, Christ Church and Old City Hall
- Soak up modern culture as you walk through neighborhoods filled with cafes and galleries
- Enjoy a refreshing craft beer or soft drink at a local bar
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Next, you’ll be treated to a visit inside Christ Church, where you'll hear stories of our founding fathers, sit where they sat, and learn about the birth of the Episcopal Church in America.
The next stop on the tour comes at a little local coffee shop, where you can grab a quick snack or a drink and relax with your guide — the perfect opportunity to ask any pressing questions you may have about Philadelphia history. As you walk through Old City, you’ll get a taste of this vibrant neighbourhood and pass some of the trendiest pubs, clubs, cafés, and shopping in Philly. You'll also get a chance to see some great art galleries and fantastic historic, industrial architecture along the way.
You'll get some great views of the site of Ben Franklin's home as the tour continues through Philly’s Historic District. Past Franklin Court, you’ll be greeted with views of Independence Mall, the National Constitution Center, and the U.S. Mint. Walk across the Mall and into the President's House Site, home to George Washington and John Adams during Philly's tenure as our nation's capital.
From there we pass the Liberty Bell, where we might get a chance to go inside for pictures. We then continue this Philadelphia city tour to a spot where (on weekdays only) we can grab a view of Maxfield Parrish's Dream Garden mosaic mural. Then off to Washington Square for stories of William Penn and possibly visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
We continue through Independence National Park and the must-see front yard of Independence Hall, sight of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. Your guide will also share knowledge of Congress Hall, Old City Hall, the Philosophical Society, the 2nd Bank of the US, and Carpenter's Hall as you make your way through the park. With all these local stories from your guide, you'll get a truly unique perspective on the much-visited spots in Philadelphia.
As this Philadelphia tour winds down, we exit the park and head back into the vibrant Old City neighbourhood. We end the tour at a local brewpub. You'll get a craft beer brewed in-house (or soft drink if you wish) included in the price of the tour, and we'll say a cheers to the beautiful city of Philadelphia!