- Philadelphia walking tour focusing on the scandalous and macabre parts of the city's history
- See top Philadelphia attractions including Christ Church Burial Ground, the Betsy Ross House and Elfreth's Alley
- Learn about grave robbers, serial killers and disease epidemics from your three historian guides
- Enjoy complimentary beer and snacks at one of Philly's finest taverns
- All ages allowed on tour, though parental discretion is advised
What You Can Expect
Rather than the typical historical information, learn about grave robbers including Dutch Pillet and Levi Chew and serial killers who've haunted Philadelphia such as the 'Corpse Collector,' "Frankfort Slasher,' 'Hednik's House of Horrors,' and HH Holmes. Hear about the devastating yellow fever epidemic in 1793 and other disasters that have menaced the city.
You'll cover about 8 blocks on your walking tour before arriving at one of Philadelphia's finest taverns. Indulge in a free beer or soda and take advantage of happy hour food and drink specials (own expense). Your 3-hour walking tour of Philadelphia's grisly side ends near where you began it downtown.
Please note: Though all ages are welcome on this tour, parental discretion is advised due to the mature subject matter.