- Mekong River and island tour from Phnom Penh
- Travel by tuk-tuk to Silk Island
- See how silk is woven on hand looms
- Meet the local villagers
- Try traditional Cambodian snacks
- Enjoy a sunset cruise along the Mekong River
What You Can Expect
The village on Silk Island is typical of many rural Cambodian villages, with houses built up high on stilts. You will see people underneath the houses, weaving silk on hand looms and dying it vibrant colors. See how the silk is transformed from a cotton wool-like texture into thread on homemade spinning wheels made from bicycle parts. Try using the looms to weave the silk into distinct Ikat patterns, or wander the village and meet the locals.
Later, board a boat for a sunset cruise down the Mekong River and back to Phnom Penh. Admire the city from the water as the setting sun provides a stunning backdrop to the skyline.