- Full-day tour by air to Monument Valley, from Phoenix
- Marvel at the incredible scenery when flying over Tonto National Forest, Sedona, the Grand Canyon and Lake Powell
- See dramatic rock formations on the Colorado Plateau during a 4-wheel drive tour with a Navajo guide
- Learn about Navajo culture and sample Navajo tacos
- Snap photos of Rainbow Bridge, the world's largest natural stone bridge
- Hear informative commentary from your expert pilot and guide
What You Can Expect
Receive an orientation to your plane and safety briefing, then put on the provided radio headset for 2-way communications in the air. You'll fly in either a Cessna Caravan or T207, both high-wing airplanes where every passenger has a window seat with unobstructed views. Enjoy informative narration from your pilot throughout your time in the air.
Begin with a scenic flight that takes you from Phoenix, over the Tonto National Forest and up the Verde Valley. Pass through Sedona to see its stunning Red Rock formations, then continue over the San Francisco Peaks, Painted Desert and Navajo Reservation before reaching the Grand Canyon.
Enjoy a 20-minute overflight of the Grand Canyon, soaring just 1,000 feet above the rim, the optimal distance for taking it all in. Then fly onward to Page, Arizona, situated on Lake Powell. Stop briefly in Page, then follow the shores of Lake Powell to Rainbow Bridge and Navajo Mountain as you make your way to Monument Valley.
Just a short drive from Monument Valley, your pilot lands at Gouldings Field, situated close to the Utah-Arizoma border. Transfer to a 4-wheel drive vehicle to explore the Navajo Tribal Park by land, taking in the dramatic rock formations of the Colorado Plateau. Your Navajo guide provides insights into Navajo culture and traditions during your 1.5-minute ground tour.
Afterward, return to Gouldings Trading Post and head into the lodge for a delicious lunch that features Navajo tacos. Have time to check out the museum or gift shop before returning to Phoenix on your plane. Your full-day tour ends with return to your starting point at the end of approximately eight hours.
A wonderful experience... we enjoyed every moment
Carolyn S Australia