- Overnight tour of Grand Canyon's South Rim from Phoenix, a Viator Exclusive
- Explore the South Rim's numerous lookout points at your leisure
- Dinner at El Tovar Dining Lodge and accommodations near the canyon's rim included
- Take in spectacular views of the widest and deepest part of the canyon during your mule ride
- See the canyon's East Rim Drive, shop at Cameron Trading Post and book an optional helicopter flight
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Phoenix included
- Small-group tour limited to 13 people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
- Don't miss this fantastic Grand Canyon adventure — it can't be booked anywhere else!
What You Can Expect
Day 1: Phoenix – Grand Canyon South Rim (L, D)
After morning pickup by minivan from your Phoenix hotel, enjoy a scenic drive through Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon with a 30-minute photo stop. During your 230-mile (370-km) drive to the South Rim, learn about the history and geology of the Grand Canyon from your guide while enjoying a boxed lunch.
Upon arrival at the South Rim, receive tips and activity recommendations from your guide before exploring on your own. Use free shuttles to visit the South Rim's many magnificent lookout points, including Mather, Hopi, Grandview and Desert View. Capture photos of the complex and colorful rock formations of the Grand Canyon, which ranges up to 18 miles (29 km) wide and 6,000 feet (1,800 meters) deep.
Head to the El Tovar Dining Room for dinner among murals of American Indian culture and gorgeous canyon vistas. This upscale, historic restaurant has hosted guests such as President Teddy Roosevelt, President Bill Clinton and Sir Paul McCartney. After your meal, settle into your comfortable room at a national park lodge in the forest near the rim of the Grand Canyon.
Overnight: Accommodation at either the Maswick or Yavapai Lodge (Subject to availability)
Day 2: Grand Canyon South Rim – Phoenix
After breakfast (own expense), meet up with your small group for a 3-hour morning mule ride. Following a short safety briefing, head into the Grand Canyon, riding a trail along its side for phenomenal views of the widest and deepest part of the canyon as well as the mighty Colorado River.
After your morning mule ride, opt to add on a 45-minute helicopter ride over the canyon for even more stunning photo ops. Have lunch (own expense) before meeting your group and guide for your return trip.
Get a last look at the splendor of the canyon as you travel along East Rim Drive. Then, stop at Cameron Trading Post to shop for American Indian crafts. Your exclusive overnight tour of the Grand Canyon concludes with evening drop-off at your Phoenix hotel.