- Full-day, private wine-tasting shore excursion to Chianti from La Spezia
- Visit the charming villages of Greve and Montefioralle and enjoy the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Explore Greve’s Piazza Matteotti and see the magnificent Basilica of Santa Croce
- Sample locally produced specialties in Greve, including wine, cured meats and olive oil
- Savor a superb wine-tasting at one of the best Tuscan winery of the area
- Private tour with port pickup and drop-off ensures a more personalized experience and flexibility to explore at your own pace
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Stop at Falorni, one of the most famous butcher shops in Greve, which has been operating in the village for 500 years. Enjoy complimentary samples of their locally produced products such as cured salami and ham. Visit the Enoteca “Le Cantine”, the biggest wine shop in the area, where you can buy more than 100 different wines, olive oils, vin santo and grappa.
After your time in Greve, you'll admire the small neighboring village of Montefioralle, which still preserves its medieval architecture. Driving through the Tuscan countryside, your driver will take you to a local winery were you'll taste their products such as wine, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
Visit the Castle of Verrazzano, located on a hilltop in the Chianti Classico area -- one of the first grape-growing and wine-producing areas in the world. Continue through the scenic Tuscan countryside and stop for another wine tasting at the Rocca delle Macie winery. Learn more about the strict appellation standards for percentage of grapes, low yields, alcohol volume and aging, before relaxing on the drive back to the La Spezia port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the La Spezia port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
This excursion was our favorite. Our driver Leonardo from Prestige Rent was wonderful. Very personable and knowledgeable. We got his info so we could use him if we ever go back. The vineyard they took us to was so beautiful. The experience at Montecchio was very intimate and memorable.