- 1-hour Pisa walking tour, led by an expert local guide
- Learn about the monuments of Cathedral Square (Piazza dei Miracoli)
- Admire the intricately designed exteriors of Duomo di Pisa, Campo Santo and Pisa Baptistry
- Hear little-known facts about the tilt of the UNESCO-listed Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Explore Pisa’s historical quarters, visiting Knights’ Square (Piazza dei Cavalieri)
What You Can Expect
Learn how Pisa Baptistry’s construction spanned a period of nearly 200 years, resulting in an array of architectural styles. Stop for photos next to the elegant landmark, and then walk across the square to Campo Santo, an old cemetery that was originally built as a church. Continue to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and pose for photos next to it as your guide explains its famous tilt.
Leave Cathedral Square and walk through Pisa’s historical quarters, passing the Church of San Sito, one of the city’s oldest places of worship. After a short stroll, arrive in Knights’ Square, and learn how it was once Pisa’s political center. See Scuola Normale di Pisa, a highly regarded university founded by Napoleon Bonaparte in the 1800s, and then stop next to Conte Ugolino Tower to learn about its prominence in Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy poem.
Admire a medley of Renaissance and medieval architecture as you amble past the house where the 18th-century Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi once lived. Wander through Piazza Arcivescovado and marvel at the impressive Palazzo Vescovile, an ornate palace-turned-hotel.
Your tour finishes at Piazza Arcivescovado and after hearing about its sights, bid your guide goodbye.