- Visit the award-winning Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas
- Get up close to Australian native flora and fauna
- Explore three different environments – the Wetlands, Rainforest and Grasslands, each with unique habitats
- Enhance your experience at the Wildlife Habitat by adding Breakfast with the Birds, Lunch with the Lorikeets or take a guided tour behind the scenes
What You Can Expect
Wander through the Wetlands and see the biodiversity of the wetlands at work. From the boardwalk you can watch the wading birds forage for fish in the waterways, and see native Australian icons -- kangaroos and koalas.
See the plants and animals of the rainforest as you walk from the forest floor to high up in the canopy -- keep an eye out for the shy cassowary looking for food.
Depicting both the coastal and inland plains, the Grasslands are home to a mix of different animals. See crocodiles basking in the sun and the native bird life among the billabongs -- there is even the opportunity to hand-feed wallabies and kangaroos!
Add to your experience by choosing one of the following options
- Breakfast with the Birds: Enjoy a hot and cold buffet selection as you are immersed within the Wetlands. Experience the sounds and colors of the wildlife as birds wander freely among the tables. Breakfast with the Birds operates daily from 8am to 10:30am.
- Lunch with the Lorikeets: Treat yourself to a delicious buffet lunch as you dine in the company of parrots, herons and an array of bird life. Lunch with the Lorikeets operates daily from noon to 2pm.
- Wildlife Care Behind the Scenes: Take a guided tour behind the scenes and see how the sick, injured or orphaned animals are nursed back to health. Departs daily at 1:30pm.