- Visit the award-winning Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas
- Get up close to Australian native flora and fauna
- Explore three different environments – the Wetlands, Rainforest and Grasslands, each with unique habitats
- Enhance your experience at the Wildlife Habitat by adding Breakfast with the Birds, Lunch with the Lorikeets or take a guided tour behind the scenes
What You Can Expect
Wander through the Wetlands and see the biodiversity of the wetlands at work. From the boardwalk you can watch the wading birds forage for fish in the waterways, and see native Australian icons -- kangaroos and koalas.
See the plants and animals of the rainforest as you walk from the forest floor to high up in the canopy -- keep an eye out for the shy cassowary looking for food.
Depicting both the coastal and inland plains, the Grasslands are home to a mix of different animals. See crocodiles basking in the sun and the native bird life among the billabongs -- there is even the opportunity to hand-feed wallabies and kangaroos!
Add to your experience by choosing one of the following options
- Breakfast with the Birds: Enjoy a hot and cold buffet selection as you are immersed within the Wetlands. Experience the sounds and colors of the wildlife as birds wander freely among the tables. Breakfast with the Birds operates daily from 8am to 10:30am.
- Lunch with the Lorikeets: Treat yourself to a delicious buffet lunch as you dine in the company of parrots, herons and an array of bird life. Lunch with the Lorikeets operates daily from noon to 2pm.
This place is a tropical rain forest. High Temperature and humidity. Plenty of things to do. We took a trip to the Great Barrier Reef and went snorkeling. The downtown area is very nice with plenty of shops and places to eat.
Great park. Very neat and well maintained. Loved holding a koala - so cute. I have the photo which I will treasure. The free wifi at the park was a nice bonus. Prices in the gift shop, including the photos with the koala were very reasonable. Easy transportation from the ship to the park.
The trip at Port Douglas the Habitat was a gift to my daughter and her partner
. My daughter said it was wonderful so Thank you
The best ever!
Beautiful park, and you can tell the animals are their first priority.
Great place to visit,we had the lunch deal ,very good value,quality food as much as you can eat.Much to see for all ages,very suited to disabled as I am and I could use my scooter easily here.The viator coupon was very easy to use. If in area well worth the time and cost .
It was a extremely good visit.
It had everything and was easy to find
Great lunch, beautiful birds. Touring the various eco-environments was interesting and very informative. Being able to interact with the animals freely was excellent
Definitely a must-do while you're in Port Douglas! Nothing could beat the experience of being so up-close and personal to the many animals they have here and even more-so feeding them!! feed bag definitely recommended additional small fee It's nice to see the majority of animals roaming free and though it's not a huge park like Taronga Zoo, it is still a decent size to explore.
My only semi-complaint was the lunch with lorikeets option we purchased along with our admission but only because the food available was not only lacking in option, but also in flavour so bland its as if a pinch of salt was too much to ask for. Ultimately it's a slightly better deal than buying separately and at the end of the day, something WAS better than nothing..but just know not to expect much from their sad definition of a buffet.
very good experience