- Experience Portland like a local on a guided bike tour
- Cruise along the waterfront and pass Old Town’s 19th-century brick buildings
- Ride through lively Chinatown and discover the Pearl District’s art galleries, shops and restaurants
- Learn about the history and culture of Portland from your knowledgeable guide
- Bike and helmet rental included
- Choice of a morning or afternoon ride
What You Can Expect
Continue into bustling Chinatown and on through the Pearl District, where turn-of-the-century warehouses have been turned into art galleries, shops and restaurants surrounded by soaring glass apartment buildings. You’ll make several stops in this interesting area to snap photos and learn some interesting history.
Pass Henry Weinhard’s 140-year-old brewery and a fortress-like armory that was turned into a theater. Continue south to downtown Portland, where you’ll pass classic food carts before entering the South Park Blocks.
Pedal through Oregon’s largest university, Portland State University, and then turn downhill to the waterfront and ride along the Willamette River. You'll end up back where you started.
My daughter and I spent our first morning in Portland cruising through downtown via bike. Our tour guide, Noah, tailored the information about the city around our interests (history, art, books) and did an excellent job of helping us get the "lay of the land" so we would be comfortable exploring during the remainder of our visit. He even provided a handy (and the by the end of the trip, well worn) map of the city with notes of where we had traveled and what we had expressed particular interest in exploring later.
The tour is a perfect way to start your visit to the city of Portland and it doesn't matter if you ride bikes frequently (my daughter) or haven't been on a bike in years (me). We had a wonderful time and we highly recommend this tour.