- Round-trip train journey from Hood River to Parkdale
- Travel through the Columbia River Gorge and the Cascade Range toward Oregon’s tallest mountain
- Admire spectacular views of mountains, forests, orchards and vineyards from your seat
- Visit the Hutson Museum in Parkdale, where the railroad ends at the foot of Mt Hood
- Choice of seating section
What You Can Expect
Great ride and the service was great.
We thought Parksdale could have better signage. We had trouble finding the Ice Cream shop.
I am so happy with the tour food good service excellent. Gift shop at parkville has alot to be desired wish I could have bought some pears
Great trip. Nice lunch. Nice relaxing day.
A wonderful way to be surrounded by beauty. A perfect way to spend four hours.
Very interesting - nice lunch
enjoyed the tour ,the websitesaid tour started at 10 am when actually started at 11 am
We enjoyed the trip and the view. I was disappointed that we were so far from Mt Hood. thank you!
Loved it! Lots of history shared by the tour operator. Great way to relax and see the country side with all its fruit orchards and vineyards... and exqusite views of Mt. Hood!
One suggestion; Upper floor train windows could use some cleaning.
Our group of 4 went First Class. We paid for our tickets and expected to have reservations ready.
After waiting in a long line....the clerk said that Viator was new with their ticket sales and we didn't have reservations. : (
My heart dropped, but apparently there was still seats available for our group. : ) We had to pay for parking, as well. Everyone with or without a tickets stayed in the same line. Guess buying tickets ahead of time secured your seat, at least you hope so!!! First Class was worth the A/C...for sure, ride was a bit rocky at times for one person with motion sickness, but the view thru the rural area was pleasant. Lots of pear orchards and farming. We had a nice lunch at the 1/2 way point @ a local cafe. And then returned back to the station. The train was clean, met a few couples on the trip that shared stories. Oh.... Mt Hood was always in the back ground topped with snow and Hood River was just there! The train ride was a change of pace, as the day before we had been on our feet for about 10 hours.
It was a very long trip. Very difficult to see much since it is like driving through a tunnel of trees for 80% of the time. The other 20% was very nice though. Good and comfortable sightseeing cars.