- Mt Hood Railroad murder mystery dinner train from Hood River, near Portland
- Enjoy a lavish four-course dinner while traveling along the historic Mt Hood Railroad
- Take in soothing sunset views of the orchards and fields in the Hood River Valley
- Watch actors portray a murder mystery plot, and try to solve the case!
- Alcoholic beverages available for purchase, and live bands play on select train rides
What You Can Expect
Sit back and relax in your comfortable, booth-style seating as your expert wait staff serves dinner. Enjoy a gourmet four-course meal right at your seat (see Itinerary for sample menu), and indulge in alcoholic drinks of your choice if you wish (own expense). Most of the tables seat up to four people, though tables for two can be requested in advance if you’d like a more private experience for you and your loved one.
During your meal, enjoy interactive entertainment as a wacky cast of characters move from car to car acting out a murder mystery plot. Be ready to join in the fun as clues to the killer are revealed one by one. Try to figure out the culprit before your last bite of dessert!
On some nights, you may also enjoy a live blues band performance during your 4-hour train ride, which returns to Hood River Station.
Tomato caprese with smoked salmon, finished with a balsamic reduction
Spring mix salad with your choice of blue cheese dressing or huckleberry vinaigrette
Main Course (choose one; all are served with seasonal vegetables)
Beef tenderloin medallions finished with adobo demi-glace, served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes
Pan-seared almond-crusted salmon on a bed of puffed pastry with pesto sauce
Chicken breast stuffed with prosciutto, spinach, Gorgonzola, ricotta and caramelized shallots and chardonnay sauce, served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes
Red curry couscous with zucchini, shallots, toasted almonds, spinach and carrots
Flourless chocolate cake