- Travel along Oregon’s beautiful coast and visit the charming coastal towns of Astoria and Cannon Beach
- Admire views of dramatic cliffs, beaches, lighthouses, forests and the Columbia River on a relaxing drive
- Walk up Coxcomb Hill to the Astoria Column, site of one of the first American settlements west of the Rockies
- Learn about Oregon’s maritime history and logging industry at two museums
- Enjoy free time to explore quaint shops and art galleries at your leisure
- Round-trip hotel transport from Portland included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Haystack RockPhoto by: Theresa G
- Astoria, Oregon from the top ...Photo by: Elaine C
- Scenic CoastlinePhoto by: Susan S
- Ken and SusanPhoto by: Susan S
- AstoriaPhoto by: Susan S
- Beautiful ViewPhoto by: Susan S
- Canon Beach from Ecola ParkPhoto by: Susan S
- Ecola State ParkPhoto by: Sam W
- Cannon BeachPhoto by: thetraveler67
USA, 07 2013
What You Can Expect
You’ll then visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum, where you and your guide will browse historical exhibits offering interesting information about the region’s many shipwrecks, lighthouses, early European exploration, commercial fishing and the Coast Guard.
You’ll also see different kinds of vessels, both life-size and models, indoors and out on the actual Columbia River, the major river of the Northwest that has been an important route for transportation and commerce.
Afterward, enjoy free time for lunch in Astoria (own expense) before driving south along the coast to Cannon Beach, where you’ll see Haystack Rock, a designated marine sanctuary full of tide pools. Enjoy more free time here to shop, walk along the beach, and explore the shops and art galleries that fill this vibrant, charming town.
On our return, you’ll stop at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that offers a glimpse into the history of Oregon’s important timber industry. You’ll be dropped off at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Ron was a great guide , he really knew the area and its history
We had a great time and the guide was excellent!
Excellent trip. Guide Ron was fantastic!
We really enjoyed the tour. Carrie, the tour operator was excellent, very informative and cheerful.
Keri created a relaxed and fun atmosphere. She's knows her stuff and took us to see some specular scenery
We had a party of four in our group and we all enjoyed the beautiful views. The driver of our van was very knowledgeable and friendly. We all enjoyed the tour very much.
It was such a great day trip! Jamie, our guide, was very passionate about the region and knew a lot. She was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it if you're looking to get a good sampling of the coast. You will probably find, though, that you'll want to come back for a few days or longer because it's such a beautiful place!
excellent tour guide, local company fantastic.
The perfect amount of time for a day excursion and our guide was wonderful -- charming, knowledgeable and friendly.
The tour guide went out of her way to show us beautiful and interesting places.