- Travel along Oregon’s beautiful coast and visit the charming coastal towns of Astoria and Cannon Beach
- Admire views of dramatic cliffs, beaches, lighthouses, forests and the Columbia River on a relaxing drive
- Walk up Coxcomb Hill to the Astoria Column, site of one of the first American settlements west of the Rockies
- Learn about Oregon’s maritime history and logging industry at two museums
- Enjoy free time to explore quaint shops and art galleries at your leisure
- Round-trip hotel transport from Portland included
Recent Photos of This Tour
Scenic CoastlinePhoto by: Susan S
Ken and SusanPhoto by: Susan S
AstoriaPhoto by: Susan S
Beautiful ViewPhoto by: Susan S
Canon Beach from Ecola ParkPhoto by: Susan S
Ecola State ParkPhoto by: Sam W
Cannon BeachPhoto by: thetraveler67
USA, 07 2013
What You Can Expect
You’ll then visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum, where you and your guide will browse historical exhibits offering interesting information about the region’s many shipwrecks, lighthouses, early European exploration, commercial fishing and the Coast Guard.
You’ll also see different kinds of vessels, both life-size and models, indoors and out on the actual Columbia River, the major river of the Northwest that has been an important route for transportation and commerce.
Afterward, enjoy free time for lunch in Astoria (own expense) before driving south along the coast to Cannon Beach, where you’ll see Haystack Rock, a designated marine sanctuary full of tide pools. Enjoy more free time here to shop, walk along the beach, and explore the shops and art galleries that fill this vibrant, charming town.
On our return, you’ll stop at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that offers a glimpse into the history of Oregon’s important timber industry. You’ll be dropped off at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Excellent! Would recommend.
Excellent trip. Just what we were looking for. We wanted to see some of the Oregon coastline from Portland. This was a great way to go, reasonable and worth the price. The guides were charming, excellent and informative. Ron and Jenny were extremely patient with one customer who repeatedly asked for directions to things in and around Portland and other parts or Oregon. Consistently pleasant and helpful. Overall wonderful experience. Would have loved more time at Cannon Beach, but it just wasn't feasible. Only recommendation I could make is that it was sometimes difficult to hear in the back two rows of the van. Excellent recommendations for lunch spot. Spectacular day!!