- Travel along Oregon’s beautiful coast and visit the charming coastal towns of Astoria and Cannon Beach
- Admire views of dramatic cliffs, beaches, lighthouses, forests and the Columbia River on a relaxing drive
- Walk up Coxcomb Hill to the Astoria Column, site of one of the first American settlements west of the Rockies
- Learn about Oregon’s maritime history and logging industry at two museums
- Enjoy free time to explore quaint shops and art galleries at your leisure
- Round-trip hotel transport from Portland included
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Haystack RockPhoto by: Theresa G
- Astoria, Oregon from the top ...Photo by: Elaine C
- Scenic CoastlinePhoto by: Susan S
- Ken and SusanPhoto by: Susan S
- AstoriaPhoto by: Susan S
- Beautiful ViewPhoto by: Susan S
- Canon Beach from Ecola ParkPhoto by: Susan S
- Ecola State ParkPhoto by: Sam W
- Cannon BeachPhoto by: thetraveler67
USA, 07 2013
What You Can Expect
Next, head to the Columbia River Maritime Museum. With your guide, learn about famous shipwrecks, early European exploration, lighthouses and Oregon's thriving fishing industry. See a variety of vessels, both indoors and out on the Columbia River — a critical waterway for transportation and commerce in the NW.
Then head into Astoria for some antiquing and lunch (own expense) before continuing south to Cannon Beach, where you can see Haystack rock, an enormous monolith that earned fame in the film The Goonies. Walk out to Haystack’s base (if the tide is out), explore tide pools and glimpse scurrying sea creatures. Then enjoy some free time to walk along the beach, warm up with locally-roasted coffee, and peruse the town’s eclectic shops and art galleries.
Your return trip stops at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that provides a window into Oregon’s timber industry. You’ll arrive back at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Our Guide was very upbeat and provided a tour with lots of knowledge of the area. Very enjoyable. He did an awesome job and highly recommend this tour
Beautiful views of Cannon Beach, Haystack Rock, and Astoria Column. Our driver Carrie was knowledgeable and friendly. Well worth the time and money.
Shannon_atl United States of ...
This tour was amazing!
Very nice. I enjoyed it.
Ron was a great guide , he really knew the area and its history
We had a great time and the guide was excellent!
Excellent trip. Guide Ron was fantastic!
We really enjoyed the tour. Carrie, the tour operator was excellent, very informative and cheerful.
Keri created a relaxed and fun atmosphere. She's knows her stuff and took us to see some specular scenery
We had a party of four in our group and we all enjoyed the beautiful views. The driver of our van was very knowledgeable and friendly. We all enjoyed the tour very much.