- Travel along Oregon’s beautiful coast and visit the charming coastal towns of Astoria and Cannon Beach
- Admire views of dramatic cliffs, beaches, lighthouses, forests and the Columbia River on a relaxing drive
- Walk up Coxcomb Hill to the Astoria Column, site of one of the first American settlements west of the Rockies
- Learn about Oregon’s maritime history and logging industry at two museums
- Enjoy free time to explore quaint shops and art galleries at your leisure
- Round-trip hotel transport from Portland included
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
You’ll then visit the Columbia River Maritime Museum, where you and your guide will browse historical exhibits offering interesting information about the region’s many shipwrecks, lighthouses, early European exploration, commercial fishing and the Coast Guard.
You’ll also see different kinds of vessels, both life-size and models, indoors and out on the actual Columbia River, the major river of the Northwest that has been an important route for transportation and commerce.
Afterward, enjoy free time for lunch in Astoria (own expense) before driving south along the coast to Cannon Beach, where you’ll see Haystack Rock, a designated marine sanctuary full of tide pools. Enjoy more free time here to shop, walk along the beach, and explore the shops and art galleries that fill this vibrant, charming town.
On our return, you’ll stop at Camp 18, a historical logging museum that offers a glimpse into the history of Oregon’s important timber industry. You’ll be dropped off at your Portland hotel in the evening.
Our guide, Gunner, took us on our coast tour. We saw the beautiful scenery of the coastline, visited the maritime museum and stopped for a nice lunch in Seaside. The weather was wet and windy but that did not spoil a great day. Gunner was very informative and ensured we had a fantastic day. This is a must do tour.
I was the only person on the tour. The guide suggested different places to go on the tour to accommodate my interests. As a result I never made it to Astoria (which was my choice) but I went hiking to the beach and went to several superb photography locations. I would highly recommend this tour and tour operator.