- Christmas lights tour in Portland with a local guide
- Walk through the Pittock Mansion and marvel at dazzling holiday decorations and sweeping city views
- Visit the Oregon Rail Heritage Center or the Queen Ann Mansion
- Be part of one of the world’s largest Christmas choral festivals at The Grotto
- Pass Pioneer Square, where the city-wide tree-lighting ceremony happens
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
During the holiday season, this mansion transforms into a winter wonderland brimming with festive decorations, trees and lights, and features amazing views of the city below.
Then, head to the Oregon Rail Heritage Center, where you’ll see historical steam locomotives during the Magical Holiday Express signature event. Depending on the day, you may instead visit the Queen Ann Mansion for the breathtaking Miracle of a Million Lights display. Admire lavish Victorian Christmas decorations as you explore the interior, and head outside to warm up with some hot chocolate, apple cider and gingerbread cookies.
As evening sets in, your guide will take you to The Grotto, a beautiful 62-acre (25-hectare) Catholic shrine and botanical garden. The Grotto’s Christmas Festival of Lights is one of the largest Christmas choral festivals in the world, and you’ll get to experience it! This special event includes 150 choral performances, a petting zoo, carolers, puppet shows and refreshments such as hot chocolate.
Before arriving back at your hotel, finish your tour with a drive past Pioneer Square, home to a 75-foot (23-meter) tree whose 14,000 colorful lights are lit every year in a city-wide ceremony!