- Follow your expert guide on an easy to moderate snowshoe hike through Mt Hood National Forest
- Spot wildlife, admire the scenery and learn about the landscape and ecosystem
- Relax at the cozy lodge with hot chocolate or wine and a picnic lunch
- Lunch, snacks, equipment, wine-tasting fees and luxury round-trip hotel transport from downtown Portland hotels included
- Private tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Your adventure will encompass all sides of Mt Hood as you make a loop all the way around, with stops at the Columbia River Gorge, the orchards of Hood River and Government Camp. Your expert guide will choose the trail based on the weather conditions, and lead you on an educational and scenic snowshoe hike through this Pacific Northwest winter wonderland.
Relish the season’s beauty as you learn about the area’s adaptive ecosystem and spot wildlife. Your guide will also teach you extreme wilderness survival skills and explain how geological forces have shaped the land, creating the sparkling blue alpine lakes and breathtaking panoramas that abound here. Enjoy lunch on the mountain with a glass of local wine.
After your easy to moderate hike, drive up to the historic Timberline Lodge. Built in the late 1930s, this National Historic Landmark draws more than a million visitors every year! You may recognize the drive up and the lodge’s exterior, because they were used in the film The Shining.
Inside, cozy up to the giant fireplace and enjoy a cup of their famous hot chocolate or. After you’ve had your fill, you’ll drive down the mountain and head back to Portland.