- Day trip from Portland to Columbia River Gorge and Mt Hood
- Take several nature walks to appreciate the stunning Pacific Northwest scenery
- Your expert local guide will teach you about the wildlife you see
- Enjoy a local, organic lunch and savor wine tastings at boutique wineries
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by luxury vehicle included (downtown Portland hotels only)
- Private tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Along the way, your expert guide will stop to lead you on several nature walks to give you an appreciation of the pristine Pacific Northwest landscape. Be sure to have your camera ready as you hike along easy trails, suitable for every kind of adventurer.
As you continue driving east, you may notice a dramatic change in climate and plant life. The wet forests of the coastal Pacific Northwest give way to oaks, ponderosa pines and arid vegetation that creates prime growing conditions for grapes.
Nearing the town of Hood River, tour a few local wineries, each one unique and charming in its own way, and sample some of the boutique wines found only in Oregon. All wine tastings are included, and some of the wineries you may visit include Marchesi, Hood River Vineyards, Cathedral Ridge, Wy’East Vineyards and Pheasant Valley. The weather, views and wines make for an unparalleled vineyard experience.
You’ll then head toward Mt Hood, whose snow-capped peak dominates the skyline. Along the way, you can enjoy hikes along rushing rivers and fish-laden streams. Follow your guide up the mountain to historic Timberline Lodge, where you can take in monumental views and read about local legends and pioneering skiers.
Midway through the day, stop for a delicious lunch in Hood River (see Itinerary section below for a sample menu) and then continue driving east across the Cascade Divide. After a day of waterfalls, wineries and mountains, it’s back to Portland!
Please note, wine tasting only available from May to September
Local organic chicken
Fritatta or lasagna
Selection of soups
Selection of cold salads: pasta, corn, mixed greens, beets and other seasonal items