- Half-day wine-tasting tour of Willamette Valley from Portland
- Sip fine wines at several boutique wineries
- Meet winemakers, tour the wineries and learn all about viticulture from your expert guide
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch of local meats and cheeses
- All tasting fees included, plus round-trip hotel transport by luxury Mercedes van
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
At each winery, you’ll meet the winemakers and take behind-the-scenes tours. Along the way, your guide will teach you about the rich ecology of the region and about the art of viticulture in Oregon, a state committed to sustainable farming practices.
Visit Durant Vineyards at Red Ridge Farms, where the Durant family has been growing grapes for almost 40 years. Enjoy several wine tastings and feast your senses on stunning scenery including lavender fields, olive groves and a plant nursery.
At WillaKenzie Estate, immerse yourself in a world of traditional French-style winemaking with new-world American innovation. Taste complex, refined craft wines at this family-owned winery, known for their pinot grapes.
Continue to Cathedral Ridge Winery, located in the dramatic Columbia Gorge. Sample everything from light, floral pinot gris to dark, smoky zinfandel. This is the perfect place to get a taste for Oregon's diverse wines.
Finally, at Rex Hill Vineyards, you’ll see original tunnels that carted drying racks in the 1920s and see new tools like French oak and stainless steel barrels, wine presses, an in-house laboratory and the bottling line. In the tasting room, delight in pinot noirs and chardonnays.
You’ll also enjoy a gourmet lunch of local meats and cheeses, as well as seasonal snacks and water throughout your tour.
After your wine-tasting experience, relax on the drive back to your Portland hotel.