- Half-day wine-tasting tour of Willamette Valley from Portland
- Sip fine wines at several boutique wineries
- Meet winemakers, tour the wineries and learn all about viticulture from your expert guide
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch of local meats and cheeses
- All tasting fees included, plus round-trip downtown Portland hotel transport by luxury vehicle
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
At each winery, you’ll meet the winemakers and take behind-the-scenes tours. Along the way, your guide will teach you about the rich ecology of the region and about the art of viticulture in Oregon, a state committed to sustainable farming practices. Since the Willamette Valley has so many outstanding wineries, each itinerary rotates with departure. Below are two examples of wineries we may visit.
Visit Durant Vineyards at Red Ridge Farms, where the Durant family has been growing grapes for almost 40 years. Enjoy several wine tastings and feast your senses on stunning scenery including lavender fields, olive groves and a plant nursery.
Finally, at Rex Hill Vineyards, you’ll see original tunnels that carted drying racks in the 1920s and see new tools like French oak and stainless steel barrels, wine presses, an in-house laboratory and the bottling line. In the tasting room, delight in pinot noirs and chardonnays.
You’ll also enjoy a Cascadian safari lunch, as well as seasonal snacks and water throughout your tour.
After your wine-tasting experience, relax on the drive back to your downtown Portland hotel.