If you want to enjoy more of the countryside on the way to Douro Valley, upgrade to include a sightseeing cruise from Peso da Régua to Pinhão.
- Full-day Douro Valley tour from Porto with an expert guide
- Stop for lunch at renowned local villa and sample a 30-year-old Port
- Visit Quinta do Portal wine estate in the Cima Corgo hills and try several local wines
- Travel through the Minho region and learn about Vinho Verde wines
- Upgrade to include a Douro River cruise for scenic valley views
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
In Pinhão, both groups will re-join and walk over to Pinhão train station, known for its pretty blue-and-white tile murals that depict the scenic Duoro landscapes and vineyard workers.
Stop to enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch of various salted pastries, meats, cheeses and salad at a local quinta. To accompany the local specialties, sip on samples of the region’s award-winning wines as your guide explains how the grapes are cultivated in the area. After lunch, try a glass of prestigious 30-year-old Port – taken right from the barrel!
Continue your tour by heading into the hills to visit a family-run wine estate in the Cima Corgo region called Quinta do Portal. Nestled in gloriously isolated countryside, this renowned estate boasts a large tasting room and wine shop. Sample various Ports and wines, and then explore the shop for treats to take home.
On the way back to Porto, travel through the Minho region, known for its production of very young wines, which gives the region its nickname,' Vinho Verde (green wine) country.’ Your tour finishes at your hotel, where you’ll arrive in the early evening.
Reviewed by Caroline Q, April 2013
We had a lovely day!
Reviewed by Celia B, April 2013
My husband and I were the only members in our tour and Inez, our tour guide, was a pleasure to be with. She was personable and demonstrated to be quite knowledgeable about the area. Douro Valley is so amazingly beautiful and we truly recommend this tour.