- Day trip to the wineries of Douro Valley from Porto
- Visit three of the region’s prestigious adegas, enjoying tours of each with a wine-expert guide
- Sample sparkling wine at Raposeira Cellars in Vorosa Valley
- Stop in the heart of Douro Valley for a traditional 3-course lunch with local wine
- Taste acclaimed Port at an 18th-century adega called Quinta do Tedo
- Enjoy vinho verde and cheese at the family-run Quinta da Aveleda
What You Can Expect
Idyllic as it is, the region’s main draw is its wine not the countryside, and, luckily for you, your first stop is one of the valley’s prized adegas. Head inside Raposeira Cellars in Vorosa Valley, where Portugal’s renowned sparkling wines are produced, and take a tour of its cellars. After seeing where the wines are produced, bottled and stored, sample some of the estate’s wares noting the different tones and aromas with your guide.
Visit a nearby local restaurant for lunch and enjoy traditional dishes that originated in Douro Valley. Savor a delicious 3-course meal, featuring fish or meat, with a glass of locally produced wine, and then hop back on board your coach.
Continue traveling deeper into Douro Valley to Quinta do Tedo – an 18th-century adega surrounded by terraced vineyards stacked into the hillside. A small producer, the estate specializes in Port, the fortified wine for which Portugal is famous. Explore the cellars, sample a glass of their gutsy Port, and then shop for a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Hop back aboard your coach and make your way to the final winery of your day at Quinta da Aveleda. A renowned producer of vinho verde, the historical adega has been in the hands of the same family since the 17th century, and their wine is deservedly prized. Take a tour of the estate, learning about the characteristics of vinho verde, and then stroll around the stunning gardens. Enjoy a wine- and cheese-tasting session, sampling some of their finest produce, and then return to your coach.
Relax on the journey back to central Porto, finishing your tour at your hotel in the early evening.